Getting in over my head part 2

I continued to lay on the bed staring at the ceiling. I couldn't watch tv. I was too mad and upset. I wanted Dean to be ok but the longer I sat there the more I saw sense. This could happen a lot. Dean was putting himself in danger. Why couldn't he get a real job? Why couldn't he live a normal life? "Cassie?" Chloe whispered through the door opening it a crack. I didn't reply, I was too mad at her. She stepped and and moved silently towards me. I looked up at her when I saw she had the key and began to unchain my wrist. I sat up and tried to run but Chloe grabbed my shoulders making me look at her. "I'm not so sure why Chris did this but I want to know just as much as you do. He would never hurt you Cass. Go to him and get answers. I need to make sure we are not falling for some lie. He may have told me to watch my back but it could have also been out of anger. Back window and hurry. Before anyone finds your gone" I nodded not saying a word. I rushed towards the guest window and opened it. I looked down to see there was a porch I could jump onto and didn't wait a second longer. Once on the ground I ran without looking back towards Chris's house which was four miles away. I couldn't run any longer when I got half way so walked as fast as I could. Before long I was outside Chris's house. I breathed deeply once, twice and a third time as I stepped up to his front door. I raised my fist to knock but the door suddenly swung open. "Yeah what ever man I'll be ...oh Cassie hi! What brings you here" I was shocked at how casual he seemed. I knew I needed to stop thinking and cut straight to the point. "We need to talk" He looked down at me with a plain expression. I couldn't read him right now at all. "About Dean?" I made him aware and in that moment he looked annoyed. "You better come inside then" The door pulled back and I stepped inside. All if Chris's friends we're here playing poker, talking and drinking. I didn't take notice as Chris lead me to the sofa. 

He stood across from me as I sat with his arms folded. "So what about Dean? Your fucking him now are you not?" Chris's demeanor changed the moment I was sat down. He seemed disgusted by my presence. "We're dating yes. And you beat the crap out of him...why?" His friends looked across at me the moment I said we we're dating. Some of them looked like they couldn't believe it. They all knew me vaguely. I guess they never saw Dean with a girl like me. "So he's sent his girlfriend to come fight for him?" Chris laughed mockingly folding his arms giving his perfect white arrogant smile. "He doesn't know I am here actually. I came off my own back because I don't like you dragging my boyfriend into a car and beating the fuck out of him the way you did. I want to know why you would do that" I didn't ask, I ordered. "I'm going to tell you a story about your boyfriend. He went out with my cousin. He beat the fuck out of my cousin. My cousin left Dean and now I beat the fuck out of him. If you keep dating him then he will do the same to you" I stood up knowing he wasn't going to tell me anything after all. I didn't believe Dean had done that and maybe it was an excuse to do what Chris did. 

"You clearly don't want to tell me the truth so I'll be leaving" I stepped two steps before Chris grabbed my arm. I looked up at him to see he was pissed. I had never seen that look before. "The deal with me and Dean is personal. I don't have to tell you shit!" I yanked my arm from his grip. "What ever Chris! Hurt my boyfriend again and I will never forgive you" Chris didn't seem phased at all. He laughed with his friends as I walked out of his house. I continued a slow walk back home but I was stopped as Chris ran after me. "You have to hear me out" He panted standing in my path. "What so now your friends are not here your going to take me seriously?" Chris laughed off my comment. I on the other hand was not impressed. "Ok so Dean hit my cousin once. It was an accident also. He thinks he owns this town. People fear him, women fall at his feet. Christ just look at you for example" His hand came up to my cheek affectionately. It made me feel uncomfortable but I wanted to hear what he had to say. "Your so smart, kind and beautiful. You could have anyone you want. But Dean? Cassie surely you can't be ok with dating a man like him?" I didn't say a word. I raised my eyebrows to show I wanted him to get to the point. "Me and my friend's have always had a deal with Dean, Roman and Seth. Plus the rest of them. They don't come into our turf and we don't go into theirs. They came into our turf taking a job that should have been ours. They do it all the fucking time!" I stopped him talking by placing my hand over his mouth. "So your just as bad as them? If not worse because you not only are a criminal too if you do the same work but you took it one step further by kidnapping my boyfriend and beating him! How are you any better?" Chris stepped back from me running his hand through his hair. "Because I would never hurt you Cass. I still love you. I don't get why you could date someone like Dean who is incapable of falling in love yet you turn your back on someone who always has and always will love you. That is the reason why I fucked him up today. Because he took you from me" "Jesus christ! I am not property that can be thought over! I am a human fucking being!" I waved my arms in anger. Chris grabbed both my wrists and brought them down slowly. I froze when I saw he was leaning his face closer to mine. "Believe what you want but knowing it for sure...I will not stop till you are mine and not his. You should be mine, as long as your with him you will be a shell of a human being" I yanked myself from him feeling sickened and guilty. "You did that because I am with Dean?" Chris shrugged. "Part of the reason. I probably would have just punched him a few times instead if I didn't know" That was all I needed. I walked past Chris as fast as I could. I didn't even look back to see if he was following me as I called a cab down. I searched through my jean pocket to luckily find a $20 bill.