Getting in over my head part 1

All night all we did was lay in bed in each others arms. I slept so soundly even with my doubt about me and Dean. I couldn't help but laugh when I woke up to hear him snoring. He was adorable, mouth agape, snoring his little head off. I could get used to waking up to Dean in the mornings. That would be if the negativity could disappear, I hoped it would. I tried to slide out of bed but Dean's arms tightened around me pulling me against his chest. I got a mouthful of his vest and began to try and pull my face so I could breath. I settled against him waiting for his grip to loosen. I was waiting a long time until he woke up. Dean's eyes opened with a smile playing at his lips. I giggled at his expression when he saw where he woke up. He looked really happy. I had never seen Dean that happy before. "Morning" His voice thick with sleep. I didn't reply as I just smiled up at him. "I could lay here with you like this all day" He added. My smile became wider. "We can if you want" I suggestion but disappointment came across his face. "I can't. I really want to but I have a job to do today" His arms pulled away from me as he sat on the end of the bed running his hand through his hair. I sat up feeling a bit worried. "Is this a dodgy job?" I asked openly. Dean paused for a moment then turned to look at me with a reassuring look. "I've never been caught before, I won't get caught any time soon. I promise I will come back to see you when the jobs done" I shrugged wishing he would not do this work. He could one day get caught. It's one reason why I was unsure of being with him. 

"Hey, look at me" Dean's voice snapped my eyes back to his. He had a serious expression on his face. "I know what I am doing, everything will be fine. I promise you I will be coming back to you. I will always come back to you" I nodded as he placed a kiss on my lips and got up to leave me sat on the bed. I was worried. I knew these jobs could include debt collecting for drug dealers and a few other dodgy things like that. It scared me because what if one day he didn't come back. I've gone from pushing him away to not wanting him away from my side in one night. I guess I had to trust him. It was hard because he wasn't exactly your typical man but I had to learn to trust him. I didn't say another word as he placed a gentle kiss on my forehead and he left. I got myself up the moment I heard the front door go signalling Dean's absence. An hour later I got myself something to eat and text Chloe to see what she was up to. "Be round in five x" She replied. I guess Seth was off on the job too. Within ten minutes she was at my door. I let her in and poured two coffee's. When I turned to hand Chloe her drink she looked more than upset. She was pale, eyes sunken in and she looked like she hadn't slept. "You ok?" I sat down opposite her waiting patiently for her to have the energy to explain her current state. "How can you be ok with Dean going?" I shrugged. I didn't actually know exactly where he was going. "I'm trying a new thing. Trust" Chloe's eyes widened at me. "So your ok with him committing a serious crime? One he could go to jail for?" Ok did she know more than me? "Cassie, he hasn't told you where they are going has he?" I shook my head no with a bewildered look on my face. Should I be more worried than I was? Chloe let out a sigh and began to fiddle with her cup. "There is this guy, I can't remember his name but he hired them for a debt collection last year. He never paid Roman for the job and they have given him 'Sufficient time'" She used her fingers as quotations with an annoyed expression. 

"Well they haven't been able to collect his debt owed to them so they are going round to force it out of him. If he doesn't pay up there is a chance they will hurt him" I shook my head at her not believing a word but she slammed her hand down hard causing me to jump grabbing my attention. Her face and voice became more stern. "You don't believe me then wait at my house for them to get back! I only know this because I made Seth promise not to lie to me again after I caught him and the guys coming home covered in blood! You want to see for yourself then come with me right now!" My mouth dropped open at what Chloe was suggestion. "Hurt them how?" I tried in barely a mumble. "Breaking legs, cutting off fingers and that is only what Seth has owned up to me so far" I sat back in disbelief. I thought they just collected money and went on their way. I never knew if someone didn't pay up to them for their work that could happen. It never crossed my mind that someone could refuse to pay up. It worried me that Seth would admit that type of stuff to Chloe. It frightened me. "How would they react if they knew you called me round to catch them? I don't want Dean getting angry again" Chloe reached across the table and grabbed my hand. "This is why you shouldn't be with him, he's dangerous and I'm scared he may hurt you again" I scrunched my eyebrows at her. "That was an accident. He didn't mean to push me that hard" Chloe wouldn't have any of it. "Nothing bad will happen but if you want to know for sure, please come with me" She pleaded. I gave it no thought and decided to just see for myself, not once did I think to question why she was still with Seth if this was the case. I couldn't deny or believe it until I saw some kind of proof to say either way.