Lost

*** THE CONCEPT OF THIS BOOK COMES FROM ANOTHER PUBLISHED WORK... I LOVED THE BOOK BUT THOUGHT OF SOME THINGS I WISH HAD OF GONE DIFFERENTLY SO WITH PERMISSION OF THE ORIGINAL AUTHOR TacoraFranklin I AM POSTING MY VERSION... HER BOOK IS CALLED "The Hybrid, The Witch & The Miracle" IF YOU'D LIKE TO CHECK IT OUT ***

Stefan woke with a horrible feeling stopping and listening closely hearing nothing but silence in Caroline's house, not even her breathing. He jumped from the couch and rushed to her room finding it empty. He tried calling Damon and Elena but couldn't reach either one so he headed out alone to look for her which proved difficult since Bonnie was dead so there was no one to locate her. He was walking through the woods and began smelling blood, human blood and sped off to find it and spotted Caroline draining the life from a girl with four other bodies already at her feet. "Care stop!" but

when she saw him she broke the girl’s neck and sped away. He followed her easily due to the smell of blood all over her and was surprised when she ended up back at the empty boarding house grabbing a bottle of bourbon "Don't judge me Stefan, It's better this way" she smiled turning up the bottle and falling back on the couch.

"I know you’re upset about Bonnie and your mom dying care and that Damon and Elena didn't show for her funeral"

"Don't you dare say their names!"

"Care I know it doesn't feel good to hurt but not feeling anything at all"

"Spare me the lecture Stef"

"You just killed 5 people"

"To add to my grand total...you are seriously just noticing I've been gone?" she laughed. "There was a broken down bus in the next town over holding a football team, an asshole who put his hands in places he shouldn't have on some little girl--"

"Care how many people have you killed tonight?"

"Lost count but it wasn't all in Mystic Falls so who cares? As far as anyone there will figure most of it will be the result of the escaped lions and tigers from the zoo; terrible tragedy" she laughed finishing the bottle. "Let's get out of here Stefan, I wanna see the world and get out of this pathetic town"

"I will go anywhere you want... IF you turn it back on Care" Her eyes grew wide and Stefan looked hopeful as anger crossed her face hoping he was getting through to her. "You want me to be in pain. Is that what you want; for me to suffer Stefan?"

"No Care I want my friend back. The Caroline who was disgusted by the idea of even drinking from a human let alone killing one. The girl who turned the worst situations into some of the best ones" he said hugging her feeling her tremble then suddenly she took a deep breath and went still then a sharp pain was in his stomach. Caroline stepped away smiling at the bottle she had been drinking protruding from his side "no wonder Elena left you you’re no fun" she winked speeding off. Panicking he tried Damon and Elena over and over again but got nothing and Caroline was losing it fast so he hung his and pressed send listing to his phone ring preparing to beg the person on the other end for help even though he was sure he wouldn't have to.

"Stefan! to what do I owe the pleasure of this phone call?"

"I need your help Klaus, it's Caroline"

"What happened to Caroline!" he panicked and Stefan had to hold back a laugh seeing that this was going to be easy. "Her and tyler broke up when she caught him cheating on her with Hayley and then her mom died. Bonnie’s dead, Elena and Damon aren't here and didn't show for the the funeral either so she snapped. She's turned off her humanity, I've been trying to get her to turn them back on but she isn't listening to me. She'll listen to you"

"Don't let her out of your sight, I'll be there in a few hours" Klaus replied disconnecting the call. Feeling better Stefan set out to find Caroline once again, he knew though she was emotionless she was smart and not hunting in Mystic Falls so he went to neighboring towns in search for her.