Intervention

New Orleans

"Brother where are you going?"

"I have business in Mystic Falls"

"I see and what of our plans, what about Marcel?"

"Caroline's abandoned her humanity, the Bennett witch is dead and Elena and Damon have eloped leaving Stefan to fend for himself, I have to help her Elijah" Klaus called grabbing his duffel and heading to the door. "Do you want me to come with you, I too do not wish for Ms.Forbes to abandon everything that made her who she was?"

"What's that supposed to mean Elijah?" he growled. "Not what you think Niklaus. Ms.Forbes is the most humane vampire I've ever encountered and I would hate for her to lose that; for you to lose that" he said staring at Klaus' shocked face. "Thank You brother. Between me and Stefan it's fine. I won't be gone long" he called jumping in his truck and speeding away. He was nearing Mystic Falls when he got a call from Stefan saying he'd found Caroline two towns over and ironically Klaus was passing through so he headed straight to the bar and seeing Stefan standing outside waiting on him. "How do you want to this? Last time she saw me she snapped a girl's neck" Klaus smirked and strolled inside instantly angered at the sight of Caroline dancing with another man's hands all over her. "Hello love" he said smiling at the wide eyed look on her face when she turned around. "Klaus! What are you doing here? To what do I owe the pleasure of the great Niklaus Miakelson’s company”

"Stefan called and informed me that my Caroline was no longer my Caroline and we can't have that now can we love" he said grabbing her and throwing her over his shoulder. "What the hell put me down Klaus"

"The lady doesn't want to go with you" a man said blocking Klaus' path but Stefan compelled him and they left. "Stefan drive" he ordered tossing his keys and getting in the back with Caroline still struggling. "This is kidnapping you know" she snapped when they sped off and Klaus held her in the circle of his arms to prevent her from jumping out of the car. "Why are you doing this? That Caroline that you loved, that loved you is gone and she isn't coming back"

"You love me Caroline?" Klaus said and Stefan noticed his voice hitch slightly. "Past tense Klaus" she rolled her eyes. The rest of the ride was quiet and they went to the boarding house taking Caroline downstairs to the holding cell and Stefan locked both her and Klaus inside at his request. "I know what you felt for Tyler and seeing him betray you hurt you deeply, I know that you loved your mother regardless of your relationship and you know she loved you and wouldn't want this Caroline." Klaus said as they sat staring at each other. "Stefan! get us out of here!" she screamed and started pacing the room. "Not enjoying my company?"

"I don't want to feel"

"but you need to Caroline, it'll hurt for a little while but you will get through it"

“This is how I choose to get through it what’s a few meaningless lives. You were right we are just alike” she grinned. She watched triumphantly as his jaw clenched and he took deep breaths to control his anger and called for Stefan to let him out.