Into the woods

"Katherine's dying!" Damon yelled walking into the boarding house with Katherine limp in his arms with Elena behind him. She had attacked Elena who managed to force to cure on her. "Why'd you bring her here!?!" Stefan asked as Damon laid her down on the couch. "Katerine Pierce is dying and I want a front row seat" Damon smirked grabbing a bottle of bourbon and sitting down. "How do you know she will die?" 

"I can smell death on her... She's lived way past her time and the years are catching up" Stefan said leaving the room as did Elena and Caroline. "Stop it Damon... I'm already dying isn't that enough!" Katerina screamed in tears after being subjected to Damon's torture from the moment she woke up. "You don't deserve a peaceful dea--" Damon's words were cut off with a snap of his neck revealing Caroline behind him. "Let me guess it's your turn blondie" she sniffed wiping her tears. "No one deserves this not even you" Caroline shook her head grabbing Katherine and speeding away. They ended up in the next city over and checked into a hotel. Caroline got food and helped her shower and change clothes before putting her to bed. "Why are you being so nice? I killed you"

"I'm a better vampire than a human; I'm better off. Circumstances made you who you were, you needed to survive and you did" Caroline shrugged brushing her hair. "What's with the makeover, I'm not dying right this second" Katherine asked while Caroline looked her over just as someone knocked on the door and Caroline sped away to the door. "Thank you for calling" he said stepping in and following her to the room where tears started falling down Katherine's face. "Elijah"

"Katerina" he sighed speeding over to the bed. Caroline left leaving the two alone and going back to mystic falls satisfied with her good work. "Where is she blondie" Damon spat when she got back to the boarding house. "Dying in peace, away from you" 

"That's too bad love, I was looking forward to making my peace with the allusive Katerina" Klaus smirked stepping from the shadows. "Really Damon!!!" Caroline screamed speeding out of the door only to be stopped by Klaus. "Not happy to see me love?"

"Am I happy that after 500 years of tormenting a girl with the mere thought of you that you came her to gloat over her corpse to be; I'm thrilled" she said speeding away into the woods but of course he caught her. "Seriously! I literally just wooshed at the sight of your face" 

"Then perhaps you'd like to hear about Tyler... Poor lad revenge it eats at him. I hear you two broke up"

"I made him choose, me or his stupid revenge fantasy and he choose wrong so I suggest you learn from his mistakes and leave Katherine to die in peace. Dying sucks enough as it is, no need to rub anyone's nose in it"

"Would you offer me that same choice if I abandoned my revenge on Katarina" 

"So you came all the way here just to back off because I asked you to?"

"No I came all the way here to gloat over a corpse to be as you so poetically put it but I will leave minus the gloating for one thing... Just for this moment I want you to live for yourself. Don't think about what your friends would think, or the circumstances; let go of the wall your clinging to and allow yourself to be honest with me." Caroline stood wide eyes her feelings coming to the surface "just this once and I will go away and never come back. I'll give you the space to come to me on your own when you're ready"

"You'll go away and never come back?"

"I'll never come back. I promise" Klaus smirked shocked when Caroline stepped up and kissed him taking each other's clothes off while they did.

Caroline went home in a daze after having sex with Klaus in the woods and took shower getting in the bed dreaming about it for the rest of the night. It was two days and Caroline's phone rang revealing Elijah's name and after talking to him she went to the hotel where she had left him with Katherine. She walked in and Katherine was barely breathing "I wanted to thank you Ms. Forbes, you did not have to do this for her; for me. I am forever in your debt" The two of them watched as Katherine took her last breath and Caroline hugged Elijah when a tear fell hating to see him so sad. Elijah took the body and left and Caroline went home still thinking of Klaus wondering how long she would before she gave in and went to him.