Confessions

"What the hell are you doing here Caroline, haven't you played with my brother's heart enough!"

"REBEKAH! Ms. Forbes, to what do we owe the pleasure?" Elijah said suddenly at his sister's side. "Elijah please call me Caroline or Care and how about you all tell me, I didn't exactly come here by choice" she snapped. "What do you mean, what happened to you love?" Klaus asked placing his hands on her shoulders and she leaned into his touch absent mindedly. They showed her to the living room and Klaus was fixing Caroline a drink when the doorbell rang "Stefan?"

"Hey Klaus, Caroline texted"

"He's in New Orleans with me... Long story" she said grabbing one of the cups from Klaus when he sat next to her. "Look who's turned dark, what happened to bright bubbly Caroline? I must admit I like it though" Rebekah said sitting on the arm of Stefan's chair. His hand brushed her bare thigh when he dropped it at his side and he noticed her blush but Elijah cleared his throat. "Okay someone came to our house snapped our necks and I woke up here in a dungeon and the only thing I got out of the idiot guard is that someone named Marcel wanted me here and was coming to get me. When I got free I called Stefan to meet me only to find Klaus getting his ass kicked then having drinks with the fuckhole who kidnapped and brought me here to kill me" Caroline said leaving Klaus angry and Elijah and Rebekah mortified. "Did Caroline just swear!"

"Care's changed quite a bit bekah, a lots been going on back home" Stefan told her. "My love you must know that I would never let anyone lay a finger on you" Klaus said with pleading eyes and she felt her chest tighten. "How do you know about that fight?" Rebekah asked suspiciously. "Marcel told me he saw a blonde help me then disappear" Klaus smiled at her. "I stumbled upon it and you look like you needed assistance. I even stayed for the show afterwards; well played Rebekah" Caroline smiled taking Klaus' glass and drinking it.

"How?" Elijah asked but Caroline waved it off. "You said our house... so you and Stefan"

"No Rebekah. Elena cheated on Stefan with Damon then left him so Stefan came to stay with me since I'm not on speaking terms with those two anyway and my mom is dead. We're just friends" she said hanging her head. "About that Care" Stefan spoke up. "When I woke up and you were gone I went home to ask them to help me look for you and overheard Elena and Damon talking. Elena killed your mom when her humanity was off and Damon helped her cover it up to look like an accident, they thought you ran away because you found out; I'm sorry, I promise I didn't know Care" Everyone watch as tears ran down her face and she trembled lightly before flashing to the door but Klaus caught her putting her in a restraining embrace. "Let me go Klaus they're dead! They're both dead!" Caroline screamed throwing Klaus off of her only to be tackled by both Rebekah and Elijah. She threw Rebekah off and Stefan took her place helping Elijah restrain her. "Look at me love" Klaus said in a pleading tone with his face inches from hers. As she stared into his eyes she began to relax losing herself in the blue green orbs set inside his perfect face. "You're better than they are Caroline, I know it hurts but once you calm down you'll feel worse about killing them than you do right now" Klaus whispered loving stroking her hair when Stefan and Elijah finally let her go. "Make them suffer by showing them what they've lost; an amazing friend" Caroline clung to Klaus's shirt crying into his chest and he carried her to the couch whispering softly in her ear to calm her. "Stefan you and Ms. Forbes are welcome to stay until we can sort out this mess" Elijah before saying goodnight and disappearing. Rebekah showed Stefan to an empty room and was more than amused when Klaus took Caroline into his room locking the door behind them. "Talk to me love get it all off your chest" Klaus pushed wiping her forehead with a cold towel. "I'm tired Klaus. Tired of being alone, tired of being lied to, used, taken for granted... Most of all I'm tired of coming in second. At first Matt loved Elena, so did Stefan, Damon, Tyler; then I finally get Tyler all to myself and here comes Hayley and the list goes on; I feel like I'm constantly living in someone else's shadow"

"You aren't mean, you're just very honest. That's what I love most about you, you aren't afraid to tell others how you feel, even if it hurts. You speak your mind regardless of my reputation. You look upon me without fear" whispered into her hair before using his thumb to tilt her chin to stare into her eyes. "You are as far from shallow as the east is from the west. You put others before yourself, continuously sacrifice your own happiness for others, you see the good in people; even soulless murdering monsters who deserve nothing but death" he smiled wiping her tears away with his thumbs. "And lastly Caroline, You've always been my first and only choice. I've felt something for you since the very first day I met you and everyday without you those feelings only grow stronger. I will wait for you forever because once you're mine love I'm never letting you go" I can't believe this! Not only am I in the Mikaelson house I'm in Klaus's room, in his arms, in his bed where he's basically just confessed to being in love with me. "I'm so sorry Klaus"

"What for love?" he said with a touch of hurt and sadness in his voice. "For waiting so long and being so stubborn" she smiled noticing his face light up. "For lying to you every time I denied my feelings towards you; for telling you to go when I wanted you to stay. I'm tired of telling myself this is wrong when it feels so right. I love you Klaus, I've known that for some time now but I couldn't bring myself to say it out loud" Before she could get anything thing else out Klaus softly placed his lips on hers giving her a barely there kiss that quickly escalated into something more. The kiss was lingering and passionate both the relief and longing made clear. She shifted to sit in his lap straddling his waist, her fingers clutched his shirt and he held her tightly to his chest as they poured their love into one another "I love you Caroline"

"I love you too Nik, and if you ever call yourself a soulless murdering monster again I'll snap your neck"

"I don't know what's gotten into you love but I like it" he grinned planting another soft kiss on her lips. They laid in a comfortable silence for a while before Klaus had a sudden thought Caroline is the dangerous vampire he's been looking for "Klaus... Marcel is trying to kill you all. When you and Rebekah left that night he said they were going to plan b" Caroline said suddenly snapping him out of his thoughts. "Marcel will be dead very soon love don't worry I know he's still plotting" They spent the rest of the evening catching up. Caroline was in deep thought when a lightbulb went off, Marcel had to be working with someone else. He wanted Klaus dead and she was suddenly kidnapped and brought here on his order; someone knew that she would be his one weakness, it someone who knew them both well. "I'm the distraction again!"

Do a girl a favor and let me know how I'm doing... Vote and Comment