1. Beginnings

A/N I'm not from the UK. I'm from America so I don't know the correct slang. I know only a few so please don't comment saying "it should have been this not that" or whatever. If you have a question about a word meaning just ask nicely. I know everyone is from different parts of the world. But we love 5 goofy boys that bring us together so enjoy :)

Chapter 1. Beginnings

“SO CALL ME MAYBE!” Eleanor and I belt driving to Rome for our summer vacation. I look over to my brunette best friend laughing at our terrible singing.

I reach up and turn the music down. “So is Louis going to meet us there?” I ask her.

She nods not taking her eyes off the road.

“Why didn’t he ride with us?”

“He wanted to leave early so he could set everything up for us.” She tells me.

I nod. “Will it be awkward?”

“Will what be awkward?”

“Me being alone with the two of you.”

She laugh and shakes her head. “Is it ever awkward?”

“Sometimes. I mean you two have been dating since the what? 5th grade? Just get married already.”

“How is it awkward?”

“You two act like you’re in your own little world and no one else is there but I don’t say anything because it doesn’t bother me. I’m just glad you’re happy.” I reach across the console and grab my best friends hand.

“I am happy. I have my best friend and boyfriend for the entire summer!” She grins at me.

We stop for gas and decide to have a mini photo shoot while waiting for the gas to fill up. Random mini photo shoots are happening all the time with us. We laugh before I go inside to pay and grab some snacks for the rest of our road trip. Only about 4 more hours. We get back in the Range Rover that is one of Louis’ many cars. He’s extremely rich from running his billionaire parents business that died in a tragic fire. I think back to my parents before they left. El and I are from Bradford but my parents are from the States and had to move after their job transferred them to Bradford. Which when I was 17 they were transferred once again but to Australia but I stayed and moved in with Eleanor. It was senior year of high school and El and I had university all planned so they agreed. They call me every night before going to bed. I miss them dearly but I’m visiting them a week before we return back to UNI.

“Just take a nap, Scar.” El laughs at me.

“Yes ma’am.”

I lean my seat back a little and take a snooze. Car rides always made me sleepily and El knew it. Just the vibration from the engine puts me to sleep like a baby.

“Scar.” Someone whispers in my dream. All I see is his back but he is tall and muscular with amazing curls. He starts to turn around but someone shakes my shoulder. “Scarlett Ashley, we’re here.” I open my eyes to see my best friend grinning at me. I get out of the car and stretch hearing at least 15 bones pop.

I look at the house we will be staying at and it looks like a mansion with very thick looking windows. “This is where we’ll be staying?”

El nods and laughs. “I know right?”

Open the trunk of the car and grab my bag and El grabs her before we make our way up to the house.

El looks around the door and the ground “Louis said there’s a spare key… Here!” She jumps up and down walking to the door. She unlocks the door and lets me in. I thought the outside was beautiful. It has nothing on the inside. The entry way has a ginormous staircase that looks as if it’s made of pure gold with huge doorways and three stories.