6. He left

*Scarlett’s birthday a week later*

Harry had taken me out for ice cream on my birthday. I’m wearing a floral sundress that sways when I walk with sandals on my feet. I was happy with our small date, I never enjoyed celebrating my birthdays. I liked the small gestures because as long as I was with Harry I was fine. We’re walking hand in hand from the car returning to the house after our ice cream adventure and Harry couldn’t keep the smile off his face. I almost ask him but he opens the door to the dark house which confuses me because Lou and El were here or supposed to be at least.

Oh yea? I forgot to mention that Louis proposed to Eleanor when we were on a double date. It was quite romantic; we were set at an Italian restaurant with each table lit with candles. Harry held my hand when Louis got up and stood in front of El dropping to one knee. Before saying yes Eleanor turned her head to me asking for approval because that’s how we were. We didn’t make any life changing decisions without the other’s approval. I laugh and nodded. Louis slide the ring onto her finger and they both shot up enveloping each other in a loving hug. I lean into Harry’s side giving him a sweet kiss. That was two nights ago and the wedding is at the end of July. We’re making it small just her parents are coming along with a couple friends from UNI, two friends we’ve made here, and my parents are flying in from Australia which will be the first time I’ve seen them in a while.

Harry pulls me around the corner to the living room where my heart hits the floor.

“SURPRISE!” They yell. Louis, Eleanor, Charlie and Susan (a couple we met on the beach that we’ve become close with), Mandy and Rachel (friends from UNI) and Stan (Louis best mate from home) all stood in the living room. I jumped behind Harry once they yelled but now I’m laughing as I run over to hug Mandy and Rachel first before hugging everyone else.

“You didn’t have to do this!” I tell them as Harry brings out a beautiful cake. He pecks my lips as he begins to sing.

Happy birthday to you and everyone joins him

Happy birthday, Scarlett, some sing,

Letty, Eleanor sings,

WIFEY, Louis shouts,

baby, Harry’s deep husky voice sings into my ear.

Happy birthday to you!

“Make a wish sweetheart.” Harry kisses my shoulder and I made a wish although everything in my life is perfect the way it is.

I wish things would stay exactly how they are. I think before blowing all 21 candles out.

“Yay!” We can go to the states and legally drink!” Mandy claps her hand.

“Except no one has been there and we could legally drink here anyways!” I say sarcastically causing everyone to laugh. I’m quite known for my witty responses.

"Harry.. This is perfect." I smile up at him.

"I know we've only known each other for two weeks but.. Will you be mine?" He asks nervously.

I chuckle at him. "Yes." I was his the moment he first asked me out.

He smiles widely pleased with my answer giving me a quick kiss and taping on his glass getting everyone's attention.

"I met Scarlett two weeks ago and honestly they have been the best weeks of my life and hopefully we'll have plenty more of them." Harry sends me a wink. "Let’s eat cake!" He grins cheekily. He cuts me a big slice of cake and two scoops of ice cream knowing I love food. He also cuts everyone else pieces being the gentlemen he is.