9. May I Have This Dance?

My best friends are getting married today. My friends that I've known since basically birth. The same two friends who used to come over and would live in my tree house in the back of my house during the summers. The same two best friends that I had detention with pretty much every Saturday for pranking our classmates and the school. I hate that Louis was sent off to a boarding school because we didn't get to do a senior prank all together although when he came for prom as Eleanor's date we pranked the school then. My best friends. The three of us have stuck together throughout everything. Stan came along when we were 10. I still cannot get over our arranged marriage. It's absolute bullshit. Why didn't Louis and Harry just tell me? Is that why Harry didn't call? I would pick Harry over Stan in a heartbeat.

Now don't get me wrong I absolutely love Stan and to be completely honest I would be happy with Stan. But I would be content. There would be no mystery, no fire, no excitement. It would be like marrying your brother. Someone you've grown up with but had no romantic feelings toward. Stan was my first kiss though but it was completely weird and awkward and we both agreed to never speak of it again as we were only 11. As we got a little older Stan decided that it would be okay to fall in love with me and I got scared because I didn't want to date. He fell and I didn't catch him. I felt like utter shit for weeks. He asked me on dates and being friends I thought it was nothing but friendly until he professed his love for me. After that we stopped talking to each other and at 15 I met Dylan and started dating him. When everything happened between Dylan and I, Stan showed back up in my life because I needed him to. I remember his words to me the night we all found out Dylan was dead.

"I'll always be here for you, Scar. No matter what. The second you need me I'll be there."

So yes, I would be content with Stan but he's no Harry. Harry brings mystery, excitement. His kisses are filled with sparks setting fire in my soul. His touch is addictive and I've been craving it since he first held my hand. In the month that he was missing, I spent most of my time in the art studio painting and drawing, even some sculpting. Though I was never big on it but I did sculpt a little owl. I tried doing a little dinosaur but I thought of Harry so I made an owl. I'm currently working on sculpting a life size dinosaur. I know I'm lame but I needed distractions.

Harry. Harry is my fire as lame as that sounds. After Dylan, I never saw myself marrying. I would become a nurse and buy a house close by Lou and El's because we literally cannot be without each other. Hopefully Stan would be close in my imaginary world but that would be selfish because he's in love with me.

Oh sorry I got off topic. Wedding.

I'm in the room helping Eleanor get ready. Neither of us have seen Louis since last night and we're both irritable. We end up screaming at each other and I walk out of the room walking down the hall and bumping into no other than Stan.

"Hey." I say awkwardly feeling 11 again.

"So I heard you found out." He says looking down.

"Yeah.." I trail off not knowing what to say.

"I found out a month ago when my parents told me that's when I called Louis for advice." He tells me reaching up to scratch the back of his neck nervously.

"I know. I'm not mad at you, Stan. I don't think I could ever be mad at you." I smile at him. He is attractive I will give him that and he's incredibly sweet. (Chace Crawford is who plays Stan)

He smiles and wraps me in a hug. "Now go back to Eleanor and hug and make everything okay because you two would go nuts without the other." He laughs.

"How'd you know we had a fight?" I ask curious.

"It's easy to tell now go."

"Okay.. Go be the best man anyone could be!" I say hitting him on the shoulder and prancing back to El's room which she immediately engulfs me in a hug both of us not needing an apology as it is understood.