poor broken girl

Meanwhile, in the Matthews household, Maya Hart climbed into Riley's room by the bay window, like she did everyday. "Sup Riles?" she said. "Hey Maya." Riley said, getting up, "Come. I'm helping my mom get ready for tomorrow." "Ah yeah, Christmas. I'll be here." said Maya as she followed Riley into the living room. "Yeah you will. Yay it's Maya's first Christmas with the Matthews!" said Riley with an excited smile. Maya laughed at her best friend as they walked in to see Cory and Topanga. "Hi girls." Topanga greeted as she saw Riley and Maya. "Hi." said the two in unison. "Okay girls, I'm in charge on Christmas dinner, Cory's in charge of the tree, and you girls will be in charge of the presents. I have the whole pile over there on the couch, and do me a favor," said Topanga and then started to whisper to the girls, "wrap up Auggie's first and then your father's and then Josh and Shawn and yeah you get it. Oh and you girls won't see yours, I wrapped them up already." "Well, you always were smart," said Riley, "Okay, come on Maya. Let's go wrap those presents." And then the two started to wrap them.
Meanwhile, at the OTHER Matthews household, Amy came in the living room to see her son wrapping presents. "Who's you wrapping now?" she asked. He said, "Almost done with Auggie's." She said, "Yeah well, I don't wanna make your day any longer but these some how got mixed up with Cory's, Shawn's and Topanga's," his mom started saying. "Oh yeah? Who's would those be?" Josh asked, curiously. "Maya. Maya Hart. Oh you remember her, she's Riley's best friend, she always played with you guys when you were little. Blonde." said Amy. "Yeah, yeah, I know who she is." said Josh, kind of nervously. "Yeah, anyways, um these are her presents, I'll need you to wrap those too." she said walking out of the room. But before she could make it out of the room, Josh managed to ask, "Hey mom, so uh, Maya's having Christmas with us this year? How come?" "Well, um, her mother is away for her job for the month, so she's been staying with them. Why?" answered his mom. "Oh, no reason, just curious." he said and then Amy went back to the kitchen. What Josh said to his mom was partly true, he was curious as to why Maya Hart was gonna be at a Matthews Christmas, but he was also nervous, nervous that after years, he was going to see that poor broken girl again.