in it for the long game

Josh leaped as the doorbell rang and Amy laughed at her son and interrupted him before he opened the door. "Careful tiger, wouldn't wanna scare her off now would we?" Josh smiled and nodded at his mother before readjusting to look more calm as he turned the doorknob to let Maya in.
Once Maya was inside and sitting down on the couch with Josh, she started the conversation. "So? Explanation?" Josh took a deep breath before he started. "Right."
He proceeded to tell Maya everything. From how Anna had started it and then wouldn't let him go to when he ran out of that place as fast as he could when his mom called cuz he wanted to get away from her. "And now she's blocked from my phone and she is no longer my tutor, I study alone now, so I have nothing more to do with her." he finished.
Maya inhaled a deep breath trying to process it all. Her thoughts were cut off by Josh, who started speaking again.
"Maya, I am so sorry. If I could've left sooner, I would've. I don't care about some slutty girl from my school, I only care about you. I love you okay? You know that. And you know I would never ignore you on purpose. Please say you forgive me and things can go back to normal?"
Maya smiled. "I forgive you, Josh." Josh looked up and mouthed the words "thank you!" And Maya let out a soft laugh. "But I do have one question." Josh looked back and Maya and responded, "anything." She smiled and leaned forward, "was she prettier than me?" Josh laughed and shook his head. "Not to be rude but," he paused and started laughing again, "Dude she's not even pretty. You're a million times better than her!" Maya started laughing and leaned forward to hug her boyfriend but he stopped her in her tracts and kissed her forehead instead. She started smiling and before she knew it his lips were crashed against hers.
And that was that. In that moment, both Josh and Maya knew that no matter what, they were in it for the long game.
•••
A/N: AND THAT'S IT! DID YOU GUYS LIKE IT?! LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS AND MAKE SURE TO VOTE! I LOVE YOU GUYS THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALWAYS STICKING WITH ME AND I HOPE YOU LIKED THIS SHORT LITTLE JOSHAYA BOOK!
ALL MY LOVE,
JENNY💓.