Eleven

UNEDITED.

Jake was still alive because not only the world but my conscience would kill me if I eliminated him.

How dare he eat my cupcakes!

I pushed the door to his office open and stormed in.

He looked up from his computer when I walked in.

"You should learn how to keep your hands only on the things that belong to you."

I said as I walked up to the mahogany desk he was seated behind.

"What are you talking about?"

He leaned back into his seat.

"Sam's cupcakes. Just because they are in your fridge doesn't mean they're yours."

I spat, my annoyance growing as he sat there like he owned the world.

"At least you said 'my fridge'"

He air quoted.

"I've warned you Jake cos I'm not sure you want to see me angry."

Jake chuckled.

"You finished?"

He smirked. I shot him my best glare and stormed out.

I added extra cream in those cupcakes because my sister loves them really creamy but stupid Jake had to eat them!!

I bounced back to the kitchen and pulled out the remaining flour from the cupboard and set on the task of making more cupcakes.

Everyone in the kitchen was surprised to see me fuming, enough space was given to me to do what I was doing.

I was sure they'd all be wondering what weird relationship I had with my husband but I could care less.

I prayed I'd be able to tolerate Jake long enough to fulfil my side of the contract.

I sighed and pushed my red bangs from my eyes.

Seriously, that's why I always hold my hair up in a pony tail.

My spine stiffened involuntarily as I felt Jake press up against my back.

I mean, who else would do that?

"You look really hot when you're mad."

I Just shrugged away from him, pulling with me the bowl of cake mix I was stirring.

"Miss Parks, get me an apron."

Sophia pulled a yellow apron and handed it to him.

"Thank you ladies, you can have the rest of the evening off."

He took it from her and tied it around himself.

"You all can leave now, we'll take it from here."

He addressed the rest of the kitchen staff.

If you think I'm going to let you help me then you have to think again.

I totally ignored him, smilling and waving at the ladies who were leaving, happy to go home to their families.

"I didn't know they were Sammy's cupcakes, I wouldn't have eaten them. Let me help you remake them."

He said, standing beside me.

Mmmmm... Mr cocky billionaire wants to bake. Might as well use him.