Thirteen

Sick, sicky.

That's exactly how I felt even before I opened my eyes.

I practically dragged myself out of bed for a shower, it was a big day in my life, I wasn't going to lag in bed because of some stupid sicky feeling.

Sam would be discharged this afternoon and this morning, I had a meeting with some guy named Vincent Brooke, he owned an empty storeroom, not too far from where mom and Sam now lived.

I'd decided to rent it and make it into a cake shop.

I was so excited, we negotiated on the price already, I was going there just to see the place again and pay.

That's what I intend doing with the rest of Sam's money.

I promised I would use a dime on myself, I'll invest everything into that cake shop for Sam's education and upkeep.

The goodd thing was, there was no other cake shop in that vicinity ours would be the first-ever.

"Good morning Mrs Blackwood."

I turned around to give that person a piece of my mind only to see Mrs Montero, holding a breakfast tray, a teasing smile on her face.

"Good morning."
I turned back to the mirror and placed the curling iron on the dressing table.

"Mr Blackwood said you have a fever."

I looked up at her in disbelief.
"No I don't ."

Did he check on me before leaving?
Well, that was not my problem.

"I brought you breakfast."
I smiled and took the small tray from her.

"Thank you."
She raised a questioning brow at me.

"Yeah, I'm going out."
I informed her.

"Okay, I'll just leave you to your business."

She stepped out, leaving me all alone.
I checked the contents of the tray.

Tea, pancakes and water.
My hair and make up long forgotten, I started munching my food. Who knew I was hungry?

I ate hurriedly and went back to curling my hair, I normally don't need to curl my hair but there was this special way I wanted it to bounce...

With every passing day, I cared less about what Jake was up to.

The only new thing was, I was now too aware of how goodlooking Jake was.

Like when he smiled, I'd notice his dimples and how his lips would curve, my stomach would tighten at the sound of his laugh or when he licked his lips. I hated the way my body reacted to his presence and every gesture.

I sighed deeply, turned everything off and carefully returned them to their normal spot in the cupboards.

I picked up my phone and purse and slipped out of the house without notifying anyone.

I didn't call Clark, I'd take a cab. I wish I knew how to drive, life would've been much easier for me right now.

#

Luckily, I reached my would-be shop in time to meet Mr Vincent Brooke and since we already had a long conversation over the phone, he mostly just showed me around then we negotiated the price some more.

He was nice, no flirting, strictly professional.

I liked it, I mean, after learning the way of the rich for four months, I realized that professionalism was just my style.