Chp. 3 Home Sweet Home

They didn't walk very far, it only took a few minutes when they came across a strange looking house. It was white and purple, it stood upon a hill so it was quite hard to see due to the amount of overgrown trees. Levin paused, looking at it.

"Who's house it that?" Iris asked, curious.

Levin didn't answer. He simply looked at her and shook his head. Dante stepped forward, "Aphmau will be alright, It'd be best not to worry." Levin shrugged and tore himself from the strangely emotional moment and continued on the path. Dante sighed and looked after him. "That boy..." He gestured for Iris to follow and they continued.

They soon came to a smaller wall with a weaker gate. A young man older than Levin with brown hair and a strange green scarf covering his lower face. Interesting...

The young man opened the gate and greeted Levin and Dante, with a suspicious look at Iris. He pulled Levin close to him and faced away from Iris. saying something she couldn't hear.

-Levin's POV-

Malachi pulled me in close to him and made it so we faced away from Iris.

"Levin, who is that?" he asked

"That's Iris. Kyle found her outside the walls." I said simply.

Malachi looked back at her, "Iris huh?"

I had no answer to that.

he looked at me with that protective brother look that he would give me when he was unsure about my decisions. "Levin, what if she's a spy? Okhasis has been taken over and what if the new invaders are trying to get information before they attack? We cant risk it!"

"And if she's not?" I replied

he sighs, and looks down. "Your right, Aphmau wouldn't turn her down."

"Speaking of Aphmau... Do you think..."

He put's his hand on my shoulder, "Levin she's fine, our mom's tougher than she looks. She's her own person and cant help adventuring and living life to the fullest."

I sighed, "She'll need a place to stay"

"What about...oh wait...I have no idea where to put her." Malachi said, holding his chin in his hand, thinking.

"Exactly"

"Well, I guess she can stay in the tree house..."

I sighed, "we have nowhere else right now."

I turned to tell Iris of the news and also to introduce her to Malachi, when an uncommon thought passed my mind. She's beautiful.

-Out of Levin's POV-

"Sooo..?" Iris asked, her impatience overwhelming her nervousness.

"You gonna stay in the tree house. For now" Levin declared.

"A tree house?" Iris was surprised, usually people lived in houses on the ground. Not in trees.

The young man with a green scarf cleared his throat, "You'll see"

She said nothing. Simply waited for them to lead the way. And they did, they led her to a tree so large that there were walkways on it's trunk and a large room with no roof and several beds. She was relieved that it was much more comfortable than she expected of a tree house. they soon left her alone to rest, which for her meant several sleepless hours lying in bed thinking. To be truthful, she was afraid to fall asleep for fear of the nightmares to come.

_

hey everyone! wow two chapters in one day. To tell the truth, these took me a while. every few minutes would give me a little writer's block and i would think for a while, wondering what was best to write haha. but dont worry, I'll still be working on this as often as possible or even daily if possible. please tell me any suggestions you have and comment down your opinions too! speaking your mind can be show support (as long as its not criticism) because it tells me what you, the reader, prefers and how i can make my writing better for you!

-TheVoiceOfGlory