Chp. 9 Training.

(Time skip slightly more than a week)

I woke up almost immediately. The sun hadn't even risen yet but I could barely contain myself to wait a second longer than I needed. Slipping on my boots and putting my brown hair in a ponytail, I ran down the tree house. Not bothering to climb down but simply slipping down and moving my way down.

I smiled as I ran through the streets and to the outer gate where I have been meeting Dante for the past week now. This had became my daily schedule very quickly. We would train in the morning and in the afternoon we would patrol together, before sundown we would train a little more and Dante would talk about something like the academy that he went to or when he was still young.

I was there, at the gate. Surprisingly, Dante wasn't there. He usually get here before me although I get confused at how quickly he could get there since he got up around the same time as me and I thought having a wife and two kids would stall him in the morning, but I didn't question him.

He came walking over, an expressionless face. What did I do now? That face scared me. Whenever he was like this I knew something was wrong and it was usually me or his kids or Levin and Malachi. Nope, it's definitely me.

Dante walked up to me with a serious face, then, he pulled a sword out and I stepped back a little. Weary of the sword. He didn't stick it at me though, he held it with both hands as if presenting it to me and said: "This is for you."

"What?"

"Iris, Malachi and a few others had gone on a trading mission a while ago, before you came here." He moved the sword so that I could grab the handle and take it from him, "They came across this sword. And got it for a cheap price. Malachi thought he could use it but decided that it wasn't a sword for him."

I took the sword, gently holding it in my hands. The grip was great. The sword was light enough for me to swing since I was lighter and didn't have as much arm strength as Dante. (A picture of it is up at the top of the chapter page)

Dante continued, "So when he heard that I was training you to be a guard he said that maybe you could use it. I waited a bit before I gave it to you to see if you had the potential."

"Why didn't you wait longer than?"

"Because you're determined Iris. You want to be a guard, that I know for certain."

I smiled, Putting the sword in it sheath and tying it to my waist. I hugged Dante. He hugged back and when we parted he smiled. "Now let's do some training. I'll make a guard out of you yet."

_

sorry if it's short guys, I wasn't feeling up to writing today. Too lazy.

-TheVoiceOfGlory