Chp. 13 Errand Girl

It's been about two days since I last saw...Aphmau. I still haven't figured out what's going on with me... Maybe I'm sick? Maybe I'm still a little oriented from the beginning? Maybe I'm just-

"Iris!" 

What now? I thought, getting up from my bed and climbing down the ladder. I immediately knew who it was. That blonde haired lord had nothing better to do then annoy me, when I was on a break. I might have to rethink where I want to stay, everyone knows where I am and can call on me whenever they want. I crossed my arms, leaning against the strong and supportive wood of the inside of the giant tree. I'll never get used to that... "What do you want Lord Levin?" I asked, wide awake but my eyes constantly blinking, trying to get rid of that groggy feeling that I'm gonna fall asleep while I stand.

"I need some help, Kyle and Alexis are working so your the only one available." He had a nervousness to his voice, but it was almost as if he had no choice. He trusts me more than Malachi but I could tell I made him uneasy.

"Okay... what about Dante or Malachi?" I asked, Dante probably wasn't available but I doubted that Malachi had anything to do. Actually, what did Malachi do? What was his job here? Dante was head guard, Levin was lord, Kyle and Alexis were guards and I was the outlier... hopefully not for long though. I didn't like that fact that I was the only one in the village that actually gave a bad vibe.

"Dante's not available, of course," of course, "and I have no idea where Malachi is... I think he's helping out on the wall but I don't want to bother him." He looked at me, I could almost swear that he was using puppy dog eyes.

I inwardly sighed, "Fine. Whatcha need?" I put my hands on my hips,  I had to replace my right hand on the hilt of my sword, then I bent one of my legs slightly which caused my body to turn a little and my other leg to stay completely straight. An interesting yet comfortable pose for me. I didn't even notice I did it until a few moments after I went into the position.

"It's... hard to describe. Follow me, I'll show ya."

I followed. We came to the portal that went to Aphmau's island, I saw a boy and girl arguing in front of it with a few bags and things set down nearby. The boy had a red jacket and brown hair and goggles. The girl, looked a little overdressed with a white shirt, black pants, and a purple coat on. She had short blonde hair and glasses over her soft purple eyes. And by how loud their conversation was, they were a couple.

What did I get myself into? I stared for a few seconds and the girl stopped arguing with her- I looked at her hand and noticed a wedding ring- husband. Her husband's eyes followed hers and now they were both staring at me. What do I do? I walked up to them and smiled, with Levin now behind me as if he as well was wondering what to do with the awkwardness of the situation.

He stepped up now to take the lead, "Emmalyn, Kenmur, this is Iris -she's our newest guard."

The girl, Emmalyn looked at me curiously and then walked up to me happily. "Great to meet you Iris!" she smiled and shook my hand a little to much but I brushed it off and smiled. Kenmur walked up with the bags he was carrying left unattended on the ground behind him. "And this is-"

"I'm Kenmur," he said looking at Emmalyn, "I'm her husband."

"Nice to meet you both." I nodded and being me I didn't want to continue the pleasantries before it got awkward. "So Levin, what did you say they needed?"

"Oh. They need help bringing some of this stuff over to the Island and since you weren't busy..."

I was shocked, although I didn't show it. I didn't expect Levin to like me but now he just thinks me to be useless! Ooh the nerve! Ugh, but I can't afford to make myself seem unhappy. "I'd be glad to help" I lied.

Levin's POV

I wasn't convinced. "I'd be glad to help" seemed like the biggest lie I have ever heard. Why wasn't she? She wanted to be useful around the village so I gave her something to do! It's better than nothing personally if she ever wants to have a future in this village, not to be rude but she seems like she would be hard to fit in to this community. Oh well, she didn't say no. "Great, I'll leave you to it then," And I left her alone to deal with those two.

I risked a look back at them as she turned and grabbed some of their bags for them, she was polite enough but something about her interested me... I don't know and I know what Malachi told me but, I cant deny my own feelings. Wait. What feelings!? N-no that was a silly thought, heh. Yeah...

I turned and continued.

-

Hey guys... I know I'm lazy but school is getting kinda hectic which is kinda an excuse.. hehe...
Anyways! I decided to write a Oneshots book! go check it out! And give me requests people! I'm serious! I need stuff to do because I'm kinda suffering from writers-block every time I open up the edit page for the Tales of Iris. Please forgive me but hopefully the next chapter will be up soon if I don't get distracted from Youtube and stuff...

Thanks for reading my little doves and I'm going to be inserting my FAVORITE oc in this book when the time is... WRITE. Hehe... funny... or should I say... PUNNY. he hehe 😰.... okay I'll shut up now.

-TheVoiceOfGlory

(Exactly 1000 words not including this sentence and the chapter title)