Realization

There comes a time in everyone's life when they realize that not everything people told them was true. That all those names they were called didn't even matter. That they are not a doll that others can dress up and pick a story for. They are different, they are special, they are unique.

For Olivia, she bad never thought that. Everything she was ever called was absolutely true, she thought. She was trying to get over it, to tell herself it was okay. She knew it wasn't though. She was broken, she wanted to disappear. She wanted to die. So she cut. She took that blade and watched herself, as if she wasn't inside her own body, glide the blade across her wrists over and over again. She watched the blood pool around her as she relaxed.

The cuts hurt, but they made her feel a lot better. She smiled as she watched her life pour out of her. It felt like a sweet release to a headache. But then she frowned. It felt...wrong. Like it wasn't happening. And then she woke up.

Olivia woke up hugging Jesse. Jesse looked worried, and was trying to figure out what was going on.
"Olivia you were screaming in your sleep, are you okay?" Jesse said, panic deep in his eyes.
Everyone was awake and staring at the scene. They had heard the screams from their room and came to see what was wrong.
Olivia gave a slow nod while wiping the tears off her face.

Everyone still looked unsure, and then Axel stepped in.
"Olivia, tell him what you did to yourself."
Olivia froze on the spot, Jesse would be angry at her. She started shaking, and then crying.
"I'm sorry Jesse." Was all she could manage.
"Everyone, out. I want some privacy with her." Jesse said, not taking his arms off from around the sobbing girl.
Everyone reluctantly left the room, leaving Jesse and Olivia to talk.

"Okay, Olivia what happened? I won't be angry at you." Jesse reassured her with a soothing tone.
Olivia sat up, still crying, and looked him in the eyes. She quickly turned her gaze to he floor.
"Jesse, I...I...I cut..." Olivia started crying again, hard. Jesse wrapped his arms around her.
"It's okay, it was my fault, I shouldn't have left you." Jesse comforted, he blamed himself for everything that Axel and Olivia did when they were kids and up to now. Olivia was holding onto Jesse with all of her remaining strength.

*Later that day*

Olivia was asleep in Jesse's room, Jesse was helping Ivor make potions, Ivor was trying not to punch Jesse for making fun of him, Gabe was sharpening his sword, Ellie was arguing with Magnus, and Soren was getting getting ready to leave with Rick. Axel was no where in sight.

"Anyone know where Axel went?" Magnus asked.
"Work." Jesse said like it was obvious.
Everyone turned and stared at Jesse like he grew an extra head.
"...Axel... Works?" Ellegaard said in total disbelief.
"Yeah, he volunteers at the orphanage." Jesse said shrugging his shoulders.
"What?! A griefer?! Volunteering?!?!" Magnus shouted, completely shocked.
In fact, everyone looked shocked. Axel was actually a very nice person. He would take time out of day to go help others, no matter how big and mean he looked, Axel was a big softy at heart.
"Axel is actually a really good person, he just doesn't believe he is." Jesse said.
"Oh so he's just pretending to be a griefer." Ivor said.
"No, he is a griefer, but he's really nice. He was always told that he was mean and evil, so he doesn't believe anything he does is nice." Jesse explained.
Everyone sat and thought about that for awhile. 'These kids have been ostracized their entire lives'

"Jesse, how old are you?" Gabriel asked, catching everyone's interest. They had never been told.
"Me, Axel, and Olivia are all 16, and yes we are aloud to live on our own." Jesse said smiling.
"Wow, you're only 10 years younger than Ivor!" Soren said with a laugh.
"WHAT!?" Jesse shouted.
"Why did you have to say that Soren!" Ivor yelled embarrassed.
"What?" Soren asked, looking very lost.
"Ivor...you look..old for 26..." Jesse said, trying not to sound rude.
Ivor turned a dark red and left.
"No wait I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that!" Jesse tried and failed to apologize.
Rick walked over and smacked Jesse on the back of the head.
"Watch what you say, boy!" Rick said angrily.
Jesse looked at the ground.
"Sorry..." Jesse said, looking a bit broken.
"I'm not the one you need to apologize to, Jesse." Rick said, looking very disappointed.
Jesse backed up, turned around, and walked after Ivor.
Everyone stared after him. Soren looked a bit lost still, but was reluctant to ask.

Jesse went up to Ivor's door and knocked.
"Go away." Was the answer he got.
"Ivor, please, I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to embarrass you, I just wasn't thinking when I said that." Jesse tried.

The door opened revealing an angry looking Ivor. Ivor grabbed him by the front of the shirt and yanked him into the room, immediately slamming him into the wall. Ivor slapped Jesse so hard he saw white. Ivor took all of his anger out on Jesse's body, beating him relentlessly. Finally Ivor calmed down and stopped.

He heard Ivor sit down on his bed. Jesse tried to get up but was to hurt to move, so he stayed there. Eventually he fell asleep.

Ivor was reading a book on his bed, but he took notice of how still Jesse was. He put his book down and walked over. Jesse was passed out, tear stains on his face. Okay maybe he went a little overboard, okay maybe a lot overboard. He picked Jesse up slowly, trying not to hurt him. He carried Jesse over to his bed and set him down. Jesse stayed asleep for the rest of the day on Ivor's bed, Ivor sitting next to him reading.

Ivor decided to give him a healing splash potion while he was asleep. After all, he didn't want Jesse to hate him, and he felt guilty for hurting him. By night fall Jesse was still asleep, Ivor decided to leave him there. Eventually Ivor fell asleep too.