Chapter 6

Stormfly's landing was a bit off, she was that excited. "Guys! I found a boat heading away from the north beach!" Astrid yelled, jumping off of Stormfly before she fell over.

Hiccup looked at her startled and started to run towards the cabin. "No Hiccup, let me, Snotlout isn't exactly happy with you right now." Astrid said, catching Hiccup's shoulder. He nodded understandingly.

Astrid walked into the shack quietly and placed a hand on Snotlout's back. He flinched at the contact.
"I saw a boat heading off of the North beach, I think it may have Iona on it." Astrid said gently.

Snotlout jumped up, nearly knocking Astrid over. "Sorry Astrid. Let's go find that boat." He said, straightening himself and walking outside. Astrid followed behind.

The three dragon riders hopped on their dragons and flew North, where they saw the boat, just a spec on the horizon.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Iona looked at the picture she had of her mother. She silently cursed her father for taking her away. I prefer having dragons as friends, not shoes. She thought bitterly.

Her father came through the door, his grin gone. "What is this?" He screeched at her.
"I don't understand?" Iona said, looking at her father confused.
"Dragon Riders." He growled.
"Snotlout." She gasped quietly.

Her father turned around and walked out the door, Iona following behind.

As soon as she was in the sun, she was held back by a crew member. She watched three figures slowly coming towards them.

"Sir, are we catching them and slowing down out course or are we leaving them and continuing?" Another crew member asked.
Her father thought for a minute. "Continue on the course home." He decided, turning away from the oncoming dragon riders.

Iona cried silently, watching Snotlout coming for her. I'm sorry Snotlout. She thought.