Chapter 31

The group of dragon riders gathered around Starburst and Iona, Obsidian was enjoying the attention quite a lot.

"This is amazing! A female Night Fury!" Hiccup exclaimed.
"Sorry Hic, but Toothless is already taken." Mia laughed.
"What?" Hiccup asked in shock and Toothless looked down guiltily.
"Obsidian is Toothless's daughter." Mia answered, laughing at the end because of Hiccup's expression.

After they had cleared up the 'Toothless' issue, the group hopped onto their respective dragons and flew towards Berk.

"So what's your Changewing named?" Iona asked her mother, flying closer to her.
"Red, Red Acid." Her mother replied, smiling.
"Nice name, it suits him." Iona smiled back.

Conversations like this went on for a bit until they had gotten closer to Berk.

"Hey, guys! Jay'ero fell asleep on my back!" Snotlout quietly yelled to the group, just to be met with laughing.

Jay'ero had ridden on Hookfang with Snotlout, while Ryker rode on Stormfly with Astrid.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valka saw several dragons on the horizon. "They're home!" She called out to the village, which started a celebration.

The several dragons landed, people gasping to see the new dragons, and riders.

"Welcome home son!" Valka said, embracing Hiccup in a hug.

All around, the families of the dragon riders greeted them.

Mia stood by Glimmer, not waiting for anyone to come to her, but then she felt Eret's presence.

"Don't you have a family to greet?" She asked, turning around to look him in the eyes.
"My family doesn't live on Berk, I was brought in, like you." He replied, smiling at the girl on front of him. "Plus, I think that you're my family now." He said, walking towards her and kissing her on the lips.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He watched from his perch above the village, down at the celebration below, a small smirk went across his face.

"Another time maybe, it seems too cheerful right now." He said quietly, walking further back, then turning around and sprinting off in the direction of the forest.