Chapter 25

Mia's POV

I groaned slightly and shifted, feeling something around my ankle.
"Mia, are you awake?" I heard someone's voice, and felt shaking.
"Somewhat... Where are we?" I asked, hearing a sigh of relief from the other person.
"On Jay'ero's boat." Came the reply.

I shot up like an arrow and saw that the voice had belonged to Iona. She looked as if she had been crying and she had a couple of bruises on her arms and one on her face.

I looked into her eyes sadly and realised that I didn't have the familiar brown line above my eyes. My hand shot to my head and I felt my hair instead of my hood.

"You are actually quite pretty." Iona said, snapping me out of my fright.
"Th-thanks." I stuttered, slowly wrapping myself in a ball.

"What do you know about Jay'ero?" Iona asked suddenly.
"He's mean and big, with large muscles and he's smart." I replied quietly trying to not get seasick.

We sat there for a while, but I couldn't really well how long, because all we knew was the rocking of the boat and the occasional creak of the floorboards signifying someone had walked on them.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seria unwrapped herself from the ball she had curled into and walked out to the boys who were tied up and struggling to get out of their bonds.

Seria undid the knots and stood back as the two men burst out of the rope and waved their arms happily, getting circulation flowing again, but then the smiles disappeared.

"Where's Iona?" Snotlout asked, his eyes widening in fright.
"Jay'ero..." Seria whispered, barely audible, but Snotlout heard and gasped, frightened, for he knew that Jay'ero was after Iona.

Seria pulled back her hood slowly, revealing dark brown hair and deep blue eyes. "My name isn't Seria, it's Martha, and I'm Iona's mother." She said quietly.
"Why did you hide that from her?" Snotlout asked, confused.
"To protect her." She replied, tears streaming down her cheeks.

Snotlout took the woman in his arms, patting her on her back. "I did the same thing." He whispered.