Chapter 17

??? POV

We saw the island coming into sight and I let out a breath I didn't realise I was holding.

"There it is Iona, that's where your dragon is." I said.
I heard Iona sigh in reply.

We touched down on the sandy beach and three dragons came out from the bushes. A Deadly Nadder, Monstrous Nightmare and a Zippleback. They saw me and started guiding us through the trees until we came to a cave opening.

I slowly hopped off of Glimmer (the flightmare) and walked towards the cave. Iona was following me.

We walked through several passageways until we came into the room where my teacher sat, a baby dragon on her lap.

As we walked in, she stood up, the little dragon jumping off of her lap, and walked towards us, embracing me in a hug.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Iona watched as another hooded figure hugged the girl. They let go and the 'master' walked over to Iona.

"Oh, my, have you grown!" The hooded figure, clearly a woman, exclaimed.
"Uh... Do I know you?" Iona asked uncertainly.
"Yes, we have met, but I highly doubt you remember me." She said embracing Iona in a friendly hug.
She hugged back out of politeness.

"Welcome to my island, you can call me Seria." The woman said holding her hands out, indicating the surrounding cave and beyond.
"And I'm Mia." The girl who had the Flightmare piped.
"And you, of course, are Iona Grimborn, daughter of Ryker Grimborn and Martha Grimborn." Seria said before Iona could say anything.
Iona nodded in correction.

"Now, about your father," Seria started. "He made an enemy 24 years ago, a year before you were born." She continued, sounding slightly unsure. "He was competing in a competition to win Martha's hand in marriage, versing Jay'ero, a man with a short temper and large muscles. Your father won the competition and made Jay'ero furious, and he left saying 'I will get you back Ryker! And I will take your offspring!'." Seria explained, pausing in different places. "He hasn't been seen since, so it's not your father we were trying to protect you from, it was Jay'ero." She finished.
"Wow." Iona said unsurely. "But how did you know what mother used to say to me before I went to bed?" Iona asked, remembering what Mia had said.
"Your mother and I were good friends." Seria said sadly.
"Oh." Iona sighed. "So what about my dragon?" Iona asked, changing the topic.

"Ah, yes, we have quite the collection." Seria answered excitedly, "but you will have to wait for tomorrow, you must be exhausted, your bedroom is down the hall, two doors to the left." Seria said, pointing in the right direction.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mia's POV

I made sure that Iona couldn't hear us by dragging 'Seria' out of the main room in the opposite direction of Iona.

As soon as I was sure she couldn't hear us, I started talking.
"Why didn't you tell her who you really are?" I asked furiously.
"All in good time my dear, all in good time, also, when we're around her, call me Seria, as to not confuse her." She replied.
"Yes Marth- I mean, yes Seria." I quickly corrected myself.
"Thank you," she said, kissing my forehead and walking off to her bedroom.