Chapter 15

Snotlout walked into his house expecting the smell of fish soup. He was greeted by nothing, no delicious smell, no Iona running to greet him, nothing.

Maybe she fell asleep? He thought, making his way up the stairs. He walked into their bedroom and saw a little slip of white paper on her side of the bed. He walked over and picked it up.

Dear Snotlout,
Sorry you weren't greeted by the smell of my cooking or embraced in my hug, but there was a threat.
A woman came up to me today, a little bit after you left, and told me the threat, she said that she and her master would protect me and get me a dragon.
My father is the reason that I'm leaving, he's coming after me again.
I hope you understand why I left.

Iona.

Snotlout saw that the paper was wrinkled in the corner, like water had been spilt on it, but then he figured it was Iona's tears, she left because she wanted to protect him.

He let out a couple of tears and placed the paper back on the bed, before sitting next to it and putting his head in his hands and crying for Iona, wishing she was there so they could embrace.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

??? POV

Lady Grimborn sat behind me as we soared through the air in the direction of the abandoned sanctuary.

"We're almost there miss." I said over my shoulder as I saw amber forest (A/N aka Itchy Armpit).I heard her sigh and I felt her turn around and look back from where we came. "You'll be alright miss, I'm not going to hurt you." I assured her.
"I know, I'm just worried about Snotlout." She sighed sadly. "And please stop calling me miss, it makes me feel formal and I don't really like formality." She added.
I nodded. "So what do I call you?" I asked, turning slightly.
"Please just call me Iona." She replied.