Chapter 20: Rumours.

Demi re-read the paperwork again but each time she wasn't taking the words in as her mind was elsewhere, she pushed her glasses which she never usually wears until night time but lost her contact lenses so had to deal with them for 3 days until new one comes in on top of her head with a sigh. It'd been the same for a month, not concentrating at work and having sleepless nights and even her employees was noticing Demi's slip in focus.

"Demi, you have a meeting now. Shall I send them in?" Demi jumped, startled by the voice before noticing it was only her colleague so she nodded. Fake smiling as she didn't have the energy anymore to be the happy, cheery woman she was just weeks before, she'd been to see her father and he was doing the same as her... Burying himself in work but he noticed his daughters tired eyes and fake smile which concerned him as Demi hardly ever fake smiled.

"Uh, yeah. Right, meeting." Demi remembered suddenly as she tucked the paperwork into a file before placing it in her draw, she ran her hands through her silky, short hair with a tired yawn. Moments later Demi's eyes widen once seeing Justin's smirk on his face as he waltzed through the door, she picked up the paper that was on the other side of her desk to see in deed she did have a meeting with him.

"Hello, Babygirl. Missed me yet? Where's that Spanish guy that had the nerve to throw me out?" Justin brushed his hair back as he sat opposite to Demi as she groaned. She'd only just stopped thinking about the man as all her days was spent thinking about how she wished he was beside her. She never felt the way she did with anybody else accept him and it confused her.

"Justin, I'm sorry but there's been a mistake. I'm sorry for the inconvenience but I've got to cancel the meeting." Demi lied, she couldn't deal with his cockiness throughout the meeting and the sultry smirk which annoyed her. Wilmer's is way sexier, Demi shocked herself by thinking that. The TV which was on behind them suddenly caught her attention at the mention of Wilmer's name but it wasn't something she'd want to hear.

"Wilmer Valderrama was spotted with an unknown girl but both getting comfy together. The billionaire took the woman to a fancy restaurant before heading out to the car, both spotted kissing outside. Is the 35 year old ever going to change his ways?" Demi clenched her teeth when pictures of the man dressed in a suit, as always, was pinning the woman against the wall of the restaurant and she couldn't help but remember him pinning her arms above her head while he pleasured her. Before she could think no more she came out of her thoughts when the younger male who she'd forgot was there, spoke up.

"Well, well, well. That's why you look awful, the man had broken up with you. Looks like you finally figured out no man wants you." Demi wanted to slap him but reframed from doing so as she didn't care about explaining what really happened to him. He chuckled while walking out, knowing he got to her as she fell back in her chair, watching the guy she'd learnt was much more than just a player and was just hiding his vulnerable state.

Demi hadn't spoken to her mom as she was still mad at her and didn't know if she could ever forgive her, she'd tried talking with her dad but he would only give her short answers. Demi was already finished with the day and just wanted to let loose so she called the one person who was the party animal herself.

"Marissa, I need to let loose. Take me to the biggest bar in California." Demi smirked while her best friend squealed on the other end, even though Demi always spent the night trying to keep an eye on her best friend tonight wasn't that night. Jealousy rose once seeing Wilmer kissing that girl again so she turned the TV of immediately with a shake of her head.

"You haven't rang to go to a bar in so long! Alright, I'll pick you up at 8." Demi didn't get time to reply as Marissa ended the call, she chuckled at how eager her best friend was before leaving the office but not expecting to be bombarded by paparazzi. She couldn't move, they came form left right and centre which made her squeal in surprise as she tried her best to push past but soon she felt a pair of arms wrap around her waist. The unknown person pushed throughout as his strong arms tightened around her waist.

"Demi! Is this your boyfriend?"

"Why haven't you been out with him before?"

"What's his name?"

"Your beautiful, Demi!" Demi sighed once the had finally gotten through the parking lot and to her car, she always hated being around paparazzi as she'd get claustrophobic and self conscious. Finally turning towards the man made her eyes widen in shock, she'd never seen him before but his green eyes mesmerised her as she couldn't take them away from him. He grinned towards her shyly as Demi took in the mans appearance, he was hot from his sharp jawline to die for, his black her slicked back which made him look professional. She noticed he had on a blue suit with his tie in his hand as if he was about to put it on.

He's still not as good looking as Wilmer, no man would ever be better looking than that God. Demi's thoughts run wild before she noticed his hands still on her waist which made her look down and raise her eyebrows in a get-off way what the man instantly did. Let go of her as he looked terrified for a moment before he spoke.

"I-I'm sorry, ms. I seen you struggling to get away so I had to help, I'm Mark. I work for you- new on the job which is why u was about to put my tie on." Something clicked in Demi's mind as she remembered that she hired a new assistant, the least she expected was a guy as she'd always had girls.

"Oh, thank you very much Mark. I appreciate and you will get a raise in your monthly wage for being considerate. It's very nice to meet you, I'm Demi but you should already know your boss' name. I'm leaving early but I have paperwork on my desk, ask Louisa our receptionist to show you." Demi smiled softly towards the man in a friendly way before opening her white Mercedes as she didn't feel the need to take any of her big cars out such as Lamborghini or SUV.

"Thank you Ms. Goodnight." He chuckled nervously which made Demi want to awe at how cute the guy was, instead she only winked towards him playfully before pulling out of the car park while putting her glasses on to cover her face. Demi knew she and that guy was going to be questioned all over the news but she couldn't be interested as she always hated rumours, she didn't see the need in making stories up for people's own enjoyment.
~~~~~~~~~
Marissa stuck by her word as she was at Demi's house at exactly 8pm which made Demi chuckle at her best friends excitement. She walked down the stairs in heels she chose for the night without even falling as she was used to wearing heels all the time, she chose to wear black, tight fitting dress that was strapless but fitted her perfectly as you could see her curves. She felt the need to dress astounding so she could get all the guys attention in there.

Wow, I'd never say anything like that about wanting to get guys attention before I had Wilmer... He's changed me. But I never knew how much he'd end up meaning to me.