Seventeen

I can resist everything except temptation. ~Oscar Wilde

Luke's POV

I stood at my locker during my lunch period. The hallway was empty, but I could hear the clicking of shoes down the hallway. Raising my head I saw Lizzy standing right next to me. "Can I help you?"

"I just wanted to give you this." Lizzy smiled and handed me a piece of paper. Something about her was so innocent but she had a different look deep in her eyes. "You know, I was serious when I said I want you to call me."

"What makes you think I want to?" I asked as I put the folded paper on the top shelf of my locker. Lizzy leaned on me, a deep laughter coming from her. I wanted to shove her off, after all I was feeling uncomfortable.

"Come on, I think that this could be really good." Lizzy said and I could feel her hand trailing down my chest, stomach and eventually pulling at the waist of my pants. Eventually her hand landed right on my groin.

"We-We're in a school hallway!" I hissed as I shoved her backwards.

She laughed and nodded. "You're right. You're right. Bye Luke." Lizzy kissed my cheek and walked down the hallway. I wiped the side of my face and walked towards the bathroom to wash myself.

When inside the bathroom I bumped into someone and could see Michael standing right in front of me. Neither of us said a word but we each had the same panicked look on our faces. "Um..S-Sorry." Michael spoke.

"Yeah you shou - " I stopped my words, knowing the sour tone that was soon to be scoffed out. I shook my head and walked over to the sink. Washing my face.

"What are you doing?" Michael asked.

"Washing my face, I have germs on it." I replied.

"What?"

I let out a deep sigh. "Lizzy kissed my cheek, now I have her gross germs on my face." I could hear Michael snickering at me. But I ignored it. I felt like I wanted to apologize to him. But I could not form the words. After all, I was the worst person in existence after the way I treated him this morning. He even apologized.

"Are you alright?" Michael asked. "You have that look again. You're not going to start crying, are you?"

"No, shut up." I huffed. "It's nothing forget it."

There was a long pause. "Why don't you come with me to the cafeteria? Ashton and Ava will be there."

"I don't think they would want to see me." I replied, my words hushed. I looked over at Michael, who still looked concerned. "Why do you care?"

"Huh?"

"I treat you like dirt, and yet you still care for my wellbeing. I don't get it." I shrugged.

"Even if you don't care about yourself, doesn't mean no one should. Besides, I have the care to give if I don't give a damn about myself." Michael shrugged.

"How do you just admit that carefree?" I replied. "And to me, of all people."

"Because you have a soft spot, you would actually never use any of my weaknesses against me. You're more of a baby than you think you are." Michael gave a small smile. I almost wanted to punch him but knew he had a point. "Come on."

"What?"

"Come with me." Michael grabbed my wrist and pulled me out of the bathroom behind him. I was not used to this, and I knew if anyone saw us, well they would ask some serious questions.