Twenty-Four

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. ~Rose Kennedy 

Luke's POV

I was awoken by the loud slamming of a fist against my car window. I opened my eyes and saw my mother standing there, a fuming look in her dead eyes. I immediately sat up, as did Michael and I climbed out of the car. 

"H-Hey." I smiled nervously.

"What's going on?" She looked me up and down with anger. "I come to get your car out of a ditch, because your a fool who can't drive and you're in there sleeping with a guy, Luke?" 

"It's really not what you think." I shook my head, even though it was probably what she thought. 

"Why would you just be all curled up to another man?" My mother asked, there was fire rising from her. I was afraid to say any answer to her, what would lying do for me? But then again, how would the truth help me? 

"No reason." I shrugged my shoulders. 

"We'll talk about this later." My mother hissed. It was now that I noticed that there were a couple of men standing behind her, and I had no idea who they were but they scared me a little bit. 

After about thirty minutes, my car was no longer in the ditch and I was sitting in the driver's seat while Michael sat in the front with me.  My mother leaned down in the window and spoke. "I want you home in one hour."

"Yes ma'am.." I mumbled. She stood up and walked away. I swallowed hard and began to slowly drive down the road. I was not really sure where I was driving, all I knew is that I was driving.

"What do you think she wants?" Michael asked, although we both knew, so I never answered. "They can't just care when you've done something they don't like." 

"They can." I said. "Who's going to stop them? Not me." 

"That's why you stay out of trouble, isn't it?" Michael asked. "It's not because you want to do well and you think it's best to stay out of trouble, it's because you're scared of how they react when you do something wrong." 

"Michael please just leave it alone." I muttered. Michael looked like he wanted to say more, but he never did. We were stopped at a red light when he spoke again. 

"I'm always here for you, Luke." Michael spoke up. I nodded my head. "I just thought you should know that." 

And the time passed, I dropped Michael off and he kissed my cheek before getting out of the car. I drove home and when I pulled into the driveway I was shocked to see the house lit up in the dark. I got out of my car and walked up the steps. I walked inside and everyone turned my way.

The house was usually empty, but now..Well there were probably eight people sitting in my living room. Making my clean space into a mess. My mother's eyes narrowed. I was just going to keep walking, but she called my name. "Yes?" I replied.

"Go change and come back down." She said and I nodded, walking upstairs as I changed into sweatpants and a t-shirt. I walked back downstairs.

"What did you need?" I asked when I already knew. 

"We need to talk, I told you." She said. Her tone cold

"R-Right now?" I asked, looking at all of her friends that she was going to rip me apart in front of. However, those eight people stood up and left the room, leaving me alone with my mother and father. I swallowed hard, my father stood up too and patted my shoulder then glared at me before leaving too. 

"S-So..?" I laughed nervously but it faded out when she glared me down. I tried to advert her gaze as much as possible.

"Who was your friend?" My mother asked.

"My coworker Michael." I said quietly. 

"And you were just casually napping in the back with him." My mother said. "Luke, that's not something you do with your friends. What's going on?" 

"M-Michael and I are dating.." I said quietly, and refused to meet her eye. The silence lasted for a long time before I heard her laughing lightly.

"Give me your phone." My mother held out her hand and I dug around in my pocket and handed it to her. "Unlock it." So I put in my passcode and handed it to her again. 

She went through it for a moment before shoving it's screen in my face and I went wide eyed. 

Luke: Hey I don't really think this is going to work out, I don't really like you. Sorry. 

"W-Why would you do that!? Give me my phone!" I snapped at her. I watched as she threw it to the floor and crushed it under her foot. I stood wide eyed. "Why would you do that!?" I screamed at her. 

"Because I refuse to let it happen!" My mother snapped back at me. She slapped my cheek. "Don't raise your voice to me, Luke. Now clean up this mess." 

"B-But.." I mumbled.

"Just do it!" She snarled. "I'm leaving." She walked out of the room, and I looked at my broken phone on the floor, the screen was worthless and so was the phone. I sniffled and wiped my eyes.

Then something else hit me.

Michael was going to read that, would he know that it was not me? Would he know that it was my mother? Would he believe it? What would happen if he did believe it!? 

I stood up and ran up the stairs, sitting on my computer and pulling up Facebook, but I let out a sigh when I noticed Michael was not even in my friend list anymore. I went wide eyed as I leaned back. I went back downstairs and cleaned up as cars pulled out of the driveway. I had no idea what to do. 

I stood up eventually and glanced out the window, making sure everyone was gone before racing out to my car and climbing inside. I started the engine and noticed it would not start. 

"W-What..?" I mumbled. I stood up and just as I went to open the front I noticed that all of my fuel was on the ground. "That bastard..She emptied out my gas.." 

I looked down at my bare feet before going inside and slipping on sneakers before running back outside and letting out a sigh as I raced down the street. Fear consuming every part of me. 

AUTHOR'S NOTIFICATION; Ariana

Wow what a bastard amiright? =D *Cliffhangers*

Anyways, today(or more so yesterday/early this morning) I published a new book called Paint Stain! It's a Lashton but you should go check it out cause it would make me happy to know what you all think<3 

Hugs, Kisses, Cuddles and Serenades xX