Twenty-Eight

Finally, let understand that when we stand together, we will always win. When men and women stand together for justice, we win. When black, white and Hispanic people stand together for justice, we win. ~Bernie Sanders

A/N; YEEEES BERNIE<3

Michael's POV

I cannot believe what I said, I almost wanted to take it back. Almost wanted to deny it, to push Luke away. I almost did. But instead, I stood up and placed each of my hands on the arms of the chairs. I leaned down and placed my lips against Luke's. His hands slid around my waist as he pulled me down onto his lap and my hands rested on each side of his face. I pulled away slightly, Luke's eyes were wide. 

"I-I love you." I said my voice was quiet. I could hear Luke swallow hard and watched as he started crying. "Wh-What are you crying for!? You baby!" 

"Way to ruin the moment.." Luke sniffled and wiped his eyes. "I love you too, you jerk." I stood up off of Luke's lap. "Are you going back to actually do work?" 

"Yeah, I don't know if you should. I think it's better if you stay back here, okay?" I said, just when Luke went to interject I stopped him. "You have a panic attack and you hurt your hand. I think it's better if you sit back here. I'll see if I can get you anything." 

I walked out of the room and could see Samantha standing outside of the door, waiting for me. "What was that all about Michael? Between what happened last night and now, what's going on?" 

"Luke just doesn't like blood." I said calmly. "And his mother went kind of awol yesterday, that's why he came to our house." 

"Hm.." Samantha pursed her lips together. "What are you not telling me, Michael? You promised you would talk to me about these kinds of things. That was the whole arrangement for you to get to live here and if you don't, you have to go to an institution. Do you understand, Michael?" I nodded my head. "We can discuss this later. Get back to work. I'll get Luke something to drink." 

"Y-Yes ma'am." I nodded my head and returned to the front where Rosa was scrambling. After all, there was an odd about of accumulation in business since we were all absent for the emergency in the back. I got straight down to work though, to help Rosa out. Eventually Samantha jumped in too and we managed to get ourselves clear. 

"How's Luke?" Rosa asked as Samantha walked to the back. "What was that all about, Michael? He asked if you were alright like you got injured." 

"It was kind of weird." I said quietly. "He was going on about how he could have sworn it was my blood. I think he's losing it." 

Rosa knitted her eyebrows together. "Fears like that are created, why is he afraid of you bleeding?" Rosa paused and went wide eyed. "Michael Clifford.." 

"What?" 

"I-I can't.." Rosa swallowed hard. "When has Luke ever seen you bleed?" 

I ran a hand over my head and sighed. "Rosa, please. Not now." 

"You're a cutter, aren't you?" Rosa asked and I was shocked about how she said it. Her words came out like venom and even the words she used were something that would make a lot of people's stomachs twist. I nodded my head slowly. "And Luke's seen it?" I nodded shyly. 

"Michael, what the hell!?" Rosa snapped at me, but then regained her composure. "I'm sorry." 

"Why do you care?" I scoffed. "What business of it is yours?" 

"It isn't my business, but I care about both of you." Rosa sighed. "You have to consider how other people feel about it. And how you handle your problems doesn't solve anything. It's stupid and it doesn't make sense, it only hurts you and the people you care about." 

I folded my arms and leaned back on the counter. Rosa had a pleading look in her eyes. "I know you care about him, but you don't show it very well by doing..Well what you do!" 

"I know, Rosa. I didn't want to be lectured about it. And keep your voice down. Samantha might hear you if you're loud." I sighed.

"Does she not know?" Rosa asked.

"Not about recently but she does know. That's part of the deal. If I talk to her about these kinds of things before they happen and try to avoid them, I get to stay with her. If I don't, I have to go into a mental institution. That's why I work here, she thinks that it would help to distract me." I said. 

"Wait..You'll be sent away!?" Rosa went wide eyed. "Does Luke know - " 

"No he doesn't and you better not tell him!" I snapped. "Please don't say anything Rosa." I let out a sigh. "Luke would hate me if he knew that." 

"Then let him hate you, if you can't be honest about what's going on.." Rosa sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose. "What if you just leave one day, and you don't say a thing? You're just going to pack up and leave while honestly you're probably one of the best things to walk into his life." 

"I don't think so - " 

"Go ask him." Rosa said. "He's not a liar, if he actually thinks you are one of the most important things in life, then he has no problem telling you that. You just wouldn't believe it, it's almost like he's too good to be real in your eyes. You want to chase him away before you get to close." 

"Why do you feel like you know so much?" I scoffed.

"Because how do you think that I'm twenty-two years old working in a fast food restaurant? I didn't want to be here. But I spent so much of high school crying, drinking, smoking, and hurting myself the way you do to even care about anything else." Rosa's eyes began to well with tears. "That's why I'm so concerned that it never happens to Luke or you. You both deserve the world. Yet neither of you believe it." 

"Rosa, I lost everything with a couple of years. You think I care about getting anywhere - " 

"Are you ready to lose everything again?" Rosa asked, her tone serious and cold. 

"What are you talking about?" 

"If you let Luke walk out on you, then you're going to lose everything all over again. How will that sit with you?" Rosa asked. "Are you ready, to lose it all?" 

"No, I'm not.." I mumbled. 

"Then you should start being willing to talk about things, you just shut out the world and hope when you open back to it it'll be okay. That it would have fixed itself. One day you're going to look and there won't be a world for you even to attempt to fix." Rosa said. "We make a lot of mistakes as humans. Don't let one of your mistakes be to give up the last thing you could possibly ever desire." 

Rosa turned around and went back to doing her job, leaving me to soak in what she said. After all, it had to be true. She was there to be the voice of reason to guide me to understand why it was wrong. 

AUTHOR'S NOTIFICATION; Ariana

So guys, I know last chapter I talked about Paint Stain, a super cool Lashton story I've started. (Smooth Ari, Thanks Ari). Anyways, I've started another book, this one is a Muke and it's pretty funny. Essentially it's about Luke being the son of Lucifer so I would appreciate it if you would check that one out too =3 

And while you're at it, check everything out. 

(Shameless self promo.)

If you thought of The Hills while reading that kudos to you. Anyways, let me know if you like some of the stuff I write. Literally writing a comment makes me super happy, I love those things like chocolate. And you can leave messages on my profile too do not fear for I do not bite. 

Hugs, Kisses, Cuddles and Serenades xX