Chapter 1: I am me

18-year-old Dan Howell laid in bed staring at the ceiling; the cold air whipped through his bedroom making him shiver from top to bottom. All of a sudden a howl of a wolf could be heard throughout the whole house which frightened Dan enough to get him to investigate.

He got out of bed and walked down the dark corridor towards the noise, he heard growling coming from the downstairs door. He stopped and put an ear to it. Silence. Then out of the blue, someone or something rammed into the door which made Dan jump back. Dan felt a hand touch his shoulder which made him jump back, again. It was his mom.

"Dan, what are you doing up?" his mom asked in a worried tone.

"I heard a weird noise coming from the basement and decided to finally check it out. What's down there?" He asked.

Mrs. Howell shook her head "Nothing you need to worry about dear. "She said as she sent Dan back to bed.

When Dan finally got back to his room, he threw a pillow at his lamp and accidentally broke it in anger.

"Why is mum keeping this a secret from me? I know there's something down there. I'm not an idiot so why won't mum tell me what it is? She's always told me never to go down in the basement. so what is she hiding?"

So many questions ran through his mind that night as he slowly fell asleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mrs. Howell laid in her bed reading a book when her husband walked out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist.

"You know we're not going to be able to keep this from him forever," she said as she looked at her book.

Mr. Howell sat on the edge of the bed and sighed. "He's not a child anymore, and my lame excuses for why he shouldn't go down in the basement aren't going to work for long."

Mr. Howell nodded slowly. "I've never told him what's down there, and frankly, I don't want to," Mrs. Howell said with a sad tone in her voice.

"What if Dan becomes what I am?" he asked sourly.

Mrs. Howell stared at her husband with full fury. "You bite your tongue. Dan will never become what you are!" she snapped.

Mrs. Howell put down her book and sighed. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean it the way it sounded; I just don't want my baby going through the pain you have to!" Mrs. Howell yelled.

"It's ok. I understand your worry. I don't want Dan to become a werewolf like I am, but he might, and we don't know yet. If he does, he'll start changing."

Mrs. Howell gulped.

"What's wrong!? Have you seen something that you haven't told me about?" Mr. Howell asked.

Mrs. Howell nodded. "I've seen Dan have slight changes. I just let them slide as normal teenager things, afraid of what he was becoming, but I know they're not normal."

"What has Dan done?"

"He once chased a car three blocks one day, and I caught him staring blankly at the moon. I can't believe Dan hasn't questioned any of his actions. I guess he finds them normal."

Mr. Howell shook his head."No that's not it. When the werewolf side of his brain takes over, he doesn't realize what he's doing until he's done doing whatever."

"What are we going to do?" Mrs. Howell asked.

"There's nothing we can do," he said as he put on his pj's and got in bed with his wife.

"Whatever happens, happens. We'll just have to go with the flow and see if Dan has any more changes, and the night Dan transforms, whether it will be next week or years from now, we'll be there for him. The best possibility is that Dan might be too human to transform, but he'll still have strange urges."

Mrs. Howell nodded slowly, and laid down, and turned to lay on her side. You could tell she was worried.
----------------------------------------------
😊😊😊 hey thanks for reading the first chapter of chosen, the next chapter will be of Phil ;) bye loves, also a big shout out to DJ_Endester101 for making my old cover so go check them out