Chapter 3 part 1: A birthday built for freaks

It was Dan's 21st birthday, he should have been excited right, wrong. Dan was nothing but nervous. Something felt wrong but Dan didn't know what, he knew it had to do with this day. Usually, birthdays were happy times but for some reason, Dan felt sick like he was gonna throw up. He made sure to keep that fact hidden since he was going out with his friends today for a birthday dinner.He grabbed his jacket and headed towards the door when his mom grabbed his arm. He looked back and saw her crying.

"Please, don't go," she said in a sad tone.

This freaked poor Dan out, unsure of what was wrong with his mother, he figured she was just being overprotective as usual. "Mom, I'm just going out for dinner, I'm 21, after all, I'm not a baby anymore"

Mrs.Howell, let go of her son's arm and sighed. "I'm sorry, you go have fun, I just worry about you sometimes as a mother should"

Dan hugged his mom before running out the door.

----------------------------------------------

Mrs. Howell sat in the dining room watching the door, the same one Dan went through.

"So what are you waiting for." The voice shocked Mrs. Howell, but when she turned around she saw it was her husband dripping in sweat and covered in motor oil, she figured he was fixing the car.

"Daniel," she said softly.

Mr.Howell sat down next to his wife. "You don't need to worry about him anymore, he's 21 I think he can manage himself."

She shook her head."I wouldn't worry if Dan was normal but he's not, he's capable of such horrible things,  he could freak out at any moment and hurt someone without even knowing it" she said as she began to cry.

Mr.Howell grabbed his wife's hand and held it as she cried. "I'm sorry, I know this must hurt, and the fact that we have kept this secret so long must me weighing you down so much, but I'm sure if anything happens tonight he'll call us."

Mrs.Howell looked up at her husband and smiled tears falling down her face. "I hope so, I hope so."

----------------------------------------------

Dan was driving down the road when he got a called from his friend Tony.

"Hey dude where you at, we've been waiting for you for 10 minutes"

Dan laughed. "Sorry man, my mom kept me for a little bit, she's been acting strange lately."

When Dan said this he caught a glimpse of his reflection and freaked out, his ears had a slight point to them.This made Dan drop his phone and swerve a little.

"Dan are you ok," Tony asked?

When Dan finally got everything in control, he turned into the restaurant parking lot and picked up his phone. "Hey, I'm back, sorry about that," he said as he got out of the car and looked in the car window to discover that his ears were back to normal.

Dan shook his head and walked towards the restaurant, the moon did show brightly that night.

---------------------------------------------
Hey thanks guys for reading chapter 3 part one and if you didn't know, the part where Dan saw his ears is just like how Scott saw his ears in the movie Teen Wolf you know the one with Micheal J Fox 😊❤️
I hope you like bye