Chapter 8: not human

Dan walked inside the apartment with bags of groceries in his arms. He had finally got a job at a department store so he could buy the essentials:Food, new clothes and patting for his room so his walls wouldn't get that scratched.

He saw Phil sitting on the 100 pound couch he bought. Phil looked out the window just observing the outside world like a puppy who just got a new toy.

Dan put the bags on the nearest table and started to put away the groceries, food goes in fridge and cabinets, and clothes and patting in his room, he was gonna put up the patting later.

Dan, who has only transformed once, last night actually, still didn't know when his next transformation was gonna be. Was it going be a nightly thing or was it only going to happen on the night of a full moon, Dan wasn't sure. But he was going to stay in his room today just in case.

"Wow things sure have changed since 1897" Phil said, too fixed on the outside not knowing what he was saying.

Dan looked at Phil confused.

"Phil did you just say 1897?" Dan asked

Phil took his eyes of the road and looked at Dan embarrassed.

"Oh...well" Phil scratched the back of his neck.

"Can I tell you something, something important?" Phil asked

Dan went over to Phil and sat down next to him

"Um sure, what's this about?"Dan asked

At first Phil wasn't sure he should tell this human his biggest secret, what if he hated vampires. Phil didn't care anymore, not good at keeping secrets he decided to let it all out.

"I'm a vampire" Phil said closing his eyes waiting for a response.

Laughter

"Ha yeah sure and I'm queen Nefertiti" Dan say punching Phil hard in the shoulder

Phil shook his head

"It's true!" Phil yelled

Dan hated how he was joking about being supernatural, being a monster wasn't all fun and games and he joking about being one.

He grabbed Phil by the shirt collar, growling a little under his breath

"Ok wise guy, if your really a vampire why don't you bite me" Dan said frustrated.

Phil shook his head

"No, I've never tasted human blood before, and especially not from the source"

Dan tightened his grip, frightening poor Phil. He looked into Dan's eyes, they didn't look human.

Phil felt Dan's nails go into his skin. He flinched as tears ran down his face

"Is Dan even human?" Phil thought

"Please Dan, your hurting me" Phil said scared

Dan, realizing what he was doing let Phil go.

I'm....so sorry" Dan said getting up and backing away slowly, Phil could see the fear glazing Dan's eyes.

"I can prove to you that I'm a vampire" He said as he stood up

Phil unbuttoned the top part of his shirt showing Dan the holes he made in his skin, then all of a sudden they started to close up. This made Dan freak out even more.

"How did you do that?" Dan asked

Phil looked up at him smiling showing his fangs

"I told you I'm a vampire" Phil said laughing

Dan sighed and sat back down

"If your a vampire how come you've never drank human blood before?" Dan asked

Phil sat next to him

"And how were you able to cause such gaping holes in my chest?" Phil asked smirkingly

"Hey, answer my question first and I guess I'll answer your question" Dan said

"Well I've never had human blood because I've always seen humans as friends not food even though my father thinks of them as dinner, I eat these blood pastries my mum makes"

"Now it's your turn, how were you able to do that, I've only heard of werewolves doing something like that?" Phil said

"Dan are you a werewolf?" Phil asked