Chapter 5: What have I done

Dan got out of his car at his house and sighed, He was afraid of going inside, afraid of what his mom would say, he told her he hurt someone, which he has never done before.

But Dan mustered up all the courage he possessed and went inside where he was greeted by his mother, frowning.

"Hello Daniel," she said frowning.

Dan put his jacket up and sat across from his mom. "Mom, I can explain, that text," He said freaking out.

Mrs.Howell shook her head. "No need to explain," she said shaking.

Dan could see that his mom was in pain, she had tears in her eyes.

"Mom I'm so sorry" he had tears in his eyes as well.

Mrs.Howell wiped her face and sighed. "It's ok, I know your sorry, you couldn't help hurting that poor boy, causing him to bleed, you were mad and it was just your instincts kicking in."

"Mom how did you know I made him bleed," Dan asked?

Mrs.Howell clenched her fists.

"Your friend Tony called, asking where you were, and then he told me some horrible news"

Dan gulped.

"That guy, his name was Greg," she said softly.

"What do you mean, was?"

Mrs. Howell gulped. "He's dead, Dan"

Dan got wide eyes unable to think. "I can't believe...I killed him"Dan said shaking his head in anguish.

Dan got up and started to go to his room, he was stopped by his mom.

"Dan it wasn't your fault, you couldn't stop yourself"

Dan pushed his mums hand away. "I'm a murderer mom, it was my fault" Dan screamed!

Mrs.Howell flinched.

"Sweet heart please calm down."

"I can't calm down mom, I'm so angry" Dan yelled!

All of a sudden Dan's head started to pound, he held his head trying to make it stop, he stumbled around which scared his mom.

"Daniel please calm down!"

Dan punched the wall, which created a gigantic hole, He looked up at his mom with pure anger, Dan wasn't angry at his mom, but he was mad at something.

Mrs.Howell was petrified, she had never seen Dan so angry before, it must be the wolf inside wanting to come out, uncontrollable anymore.

Dan's body felt like it was going to explode, feeling so hot. Dan held his stomach and screamed in pain.

"Daniel" his mom screamed as tears formed in her eyes.

Then all of a sudden Mr.Howell came in shocked to see what was occurring.

"Help your son!" Mrs.Howell screamed

Mr.Howell dropped his stuff and grabbed his son, from behind, holding him tightly.

"Let go of me," Dan said in a lower raspier voice than usual.

Mr.Howell took his son down to the basement, As Dan kicked and growled. He put him in the basement and locked the door.

"Let me out" Dan screamed, punching the door, trying to brake it down.

Mr.Howell sighed and went back to his wife crying, They decided to go to their room to wait it out.
----------------------------------------------
Mrs.Howell sat by the basement door listening to her son's piercings screams . She put her knees to her chest.

Mr. Howell walked up to his wife and sighed putting his hands on his hips.

"You have no soul" she said crying.

" I don't cry because I go through it too" he yelled!

Mrs.Howell began to cry even more.

He shook his head and give a hand to his wife and helped her up. He held his wife in his arms as she cried,

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to yell at you, I'm not crying because it's normal for me to hear this, even after 15 years I still scream sometimes, but that doesn't mean I'm not saddened by our sons pain."

Mrs.Howell wiped her tears on her husband's shirt.

"It's his first transformation, so of course he's gonna scream like this, but don't worry he'll get through it."

Mr.Howell led his wife to their bedroom to get some sleep, but of course Mrs.Howell was still worried.
---------------------------------------------
The next morning

Dan found himself in his bed, he jumped a little and scratched his head.

"What happened last night, all I can remember is that mom" Dan stopped for a moment an panicked.

"Oh no mom" Dan quickly got out of bed to discover his mom standing by his door.

"Mom" Dan said.

His mom went over and sat on his bed and motioned for him to sit beside her, so he did.

"What happened last night?"

His mom sighed unsure of what to say.

"You became what was a part of you."

Dan and his mom looked up to discover his dad standing at the door way.

"What do you mean a part of me" Dan asked?

"What's in your DNA Daniel, the wolf side of you."

Now Dan was very confused.

"Wolf part of me, what are you trying to say?"

Mrs.Howell looked at her husband.

"Dan there's something we need to tell you."