Chapter 7: Enemies by nature, friends by choice

Dan, after five hours of searching found an apartment that was for rent, so since he only had enough money for clothes and food, he'd have to get a job to pay off the rent, but at least the man renting the apartment said it was ok.

So Dan took all his stuff and headed into his new home, it was cold and a bit dusty but he could manage. All the home needed was some TLC.

He put his stuff down and started checking the place out, seeing each room and imagining how they'd look with some furniture and also most importantly he'd have to find a room perfect for his.......transformations.

Dan still hated the thought, he wished he could forget that horrible night, but it will always be implanted in his mind, at least they never found out who the killer was.

Dan found the perfect room, it was nice and dark and with some padding around the whole room no one could hear him....scream.

Dan again remembering the pain and his blood thirsty screams made him quiver, he could remember his bones cracking, changing shape. It was absolutely horrible, Dan had never been in so much pain before, he envied the humans of the earth.

Dan flipped the switch and what he found shocked him. He saw a young man probably around his age, with bright blue eyes and black hair huddled in the corner, he looked absolutely petrified of Dan, and who wouldn't be.

Hey, this isn't a homeless shelter, what are you doing in my apartment" Dan said a bit annoyed

Phil stood up, brushed the dust off his pants, and bowed.

"I am P....." Phil stopped himself from saying prince. "Phil Lester, and I'm so sorry to intrude, I had no idea someone lived here"

Dan looked at this weirdo unsure of what he should say, but then again there's no reason to call him weird, he was the freak around here.

"I'm Dan...Dan Howell and you can stop bowing"

Phil stopped bowing and smiled making sure to not show his teeth, he didn't want to scare the human even though he was pretty freaked out by the human as well.

"May I stay here Dan, please, I have no where to go" Phil pleaded

Dan shook his head

"No you can't stay here, this is my house" Dan said pointing at Phil

"Oh please kind sir, I need a place to stay, if my father finds me I'm dead as a door nail"

"More dead than I all ready am" Phil thought

"You have father troubles too" Dan asked?

"Yeah, what going on with your dad" Phil asked?

Dan sighed and scratched the back of his neck

"Let's just say my dad kept a secret from me all my life and the reason I'm like this is because of him"

"Like what" Phil asked?

Dan turned away from Phil

"A liar" Dan sighed "You can stay, but on one condition"

Phil walked up to Dan

"Anything"

Dan turned to look at Phil

"This is my room and you are not aloud inside, no matter what even if you hear... Screams, don't come in"

Phil nodded

" ok good, well... GET OUT" Dan yelled snarlingly

Phil freaked out and quickly ran out of the room, Dan followed him out.
--------------------------------------------