Chapter 17

The Voice

The kiss was not long or a peck but it was enough to make her shuddered. Solomon moves his lips away a little and looked at her when she slowly opens her eyes.

They stayed there in that position. No one uttered any words or make a sound they just silently stared at each other. Their breath was mixing together in the little space between them.

It was Paige who made the first move. She slowly brushes her forehead to his jaw until her head finally rest in his broad shoulder. She encircles her arms around his well tone muscle torso. She firmly presses her body against his body feeling his body heat. She sniff his woody and manly scent and it makes her calm than the scent of the Wolfsbane.

Solomon sighed satisfied that Paige accepted him. He embraces her back burying his face in her midnight black hair and sniffs her scent too. He savors any minute, any second holding her in his arms again. He gently runs his hands in her back earning a shivered from her.

Paige untangled herself ad looked up, "So what now?" she asked.

"I want to know everything about you" He answered, "but if you're not ready to tell me everything then I can wait even if I have to wait forever." He smiled, "Just don't run or ignore me again."

The bond between them is now stronger and Paige knows that it is harder to ignore that bond now. Sooner or later she needs to tell him everything about her especially her past.

Paige nodded and took his hand guiding him to her favorite spot – the cliff. They sat at the edge of the cliff dangling their feet in the air. She was thankful that it was cloudy so she doesn't need to wear any sunglasses. She felt Solomon squeeze her hand lightly and patiently waiting for her to speak.

Paige inhale deeply before she begins her story.

+++

Alpha Slade was busy reading some old documents when Beta Nicholas entered in his office. Old books and documents were scattered in his table.

"What is it?" he asked his Beta without taking his eyes away from the old document.

"The patrols were anxious today" Nicholas said. "They can feel unknown presence outside the border of the territory."

"Direction?" Nicholas didn't answer making the Alpha look at him and raise an eyebrow still waiting for him to speak.

"They are everywhere." Alpha Sade frown, "we are surrounded"

+++

A man stood in a small clearing inside the vast forest, it was late afternoon, a massive cloud scattered in the sky hiding its peaceful blue color.

He inhales deeply closing his eyes while he focuses his power inside his body.

"What are you doing" A woman worriedly asks him.

"I'm luring her" He answered.

"Let me do it" she suggest.

He immediately opens his eyes and look at her, "but..."

She put her index finger in his lips to shut him up. She immediately closes her eyes and inhales deeply before he could even protest. She releases her power luring her.