Chapter 14

The Man

What's going on? She keep asking herself still her mind couldn't wrap everything.

She stared straight to the eyes, the eyes with the same color as hers.

His eyes held danger and darkness that she felt herself sucking into the bottomless pit. It brings nightmare to those who dare to meet his eyes.

A groan broke her from staring those eyes.

"Eaton!" Beta Nicholas shouted.

Eaton held his head tightly between his hands and fell to his knees as he groaned in pain. The pain in his head was too severe that he couldn't describe it. He was starting to lose his consciousness.

Beta Nicholas crouches down and holds Eaton's shoulder. "Are you okay?"

Eaton replied in whimpers and groans. He was sweating like he ran a mile. His body defense mechanism was focusing to the pain in his head; His mind couldn't process anything that's surrounds him.

Then another laugh same as the first one caught their attention. They all looked at him as he laughed merrily leaning his head backwards. As he finally stop he looked at Eaton, "a mere sorcerer like that boy can't handle the presence of a powerful sorcerer like me"

Realizing what he really meant, she shouted at Alpha Slade and Beta Nicholas, "Take Eaton upstairs away from this cell!"

"What?" Alpha Slade asked in confusion.

"Just do as I say!" she said in haste seeing Eaton turning too pale for her comfort. She doesn't care if she's disrespecting him right now, what the matter most is Eaton's life.

Alpha Slade ordered Beta Nicholas to take Eaton out of this room. Beta Nicholas nodded and easily yanked Eaton over his shoulder and left the cell.

Alpha Slade, Solomon and she were the only people left in the cell with the prisoner. Solomon was quietly watching them as he was an outsider in the pack; he has no right to intervene.

"I must say you're pretty sharp" he complimented as he captured her eyes again. "You noticed that my presence is a poisonous to an abomination in my race like that boy" he said in disgust tone. "A disgrace to my kin" he spat, then his expression suddenly change from disgust to expressionless, "I thought this puppet is useless. I gave them a simple command and yet they couldn't do it right. He even let himself capture." He mumbled more to himself.

"Command?" she asked.

He slowly meets her in the eyes and grinned darkly. "Yes, I commanded them to capture you." He said making her body shivered. "I guess I underestimated your power" then he whispered, "more than powerful than your parents."

Parents? He knew her parents?

Solomon growled hearing the prisoners and ready to charge towards the prisoner. 'As long as he's alive, he will protect her'

As if her body moved as its own, she gently put her hand in Solomon's chest feeling the vibration of his growled in her palm. She put herself between Solomon and the prisoner. She can't afford to let the prisoner be killed by Solomon. She needs to squeeze some more detailed information especially the prisoner brought up about her parents.

She felt Solomon stiffen under her touch as he didn't expect her action of touching him. She ignored his reaction but she couldn't bring herself to peel off her hand in his muscle chest.

She noticed in her peripheral view that Alpha Slade was watching them with amusement.

'This is not the time to be amused' she snapped at Alpha Slade from his amusements.

'Oh I like what I'm seeing right now' Alpha Slade said trying to hide his grinned.

"Yes. I knew your parents" he answered as if he read her mind snatching her attention. "Your biological parents" he then smiles deviously.

She froze, like her feet were glued in the floor.

He knew her biological parents.

"How?" she voiced out as it was the only word popped in her mind.

"It's very natural for me to know the people I killed" he said as if it was a very natural thing to say. She was too stunned to react, to response or even to move after what she has heard. Then he laughed with his shoulders shaking violently. "I remember that face - that surprised face of yours as I killed your parents in the front of your eyes."

What is he talking about? she doesn't remember anything.

"Of course, you can't remember anything" he spat. "your stupid twin brother make sure of that by sealing of your memories." He cursed. "But that seal won't last forever eventually you'll remember everything and when that time comes I will personally get you." He smiled sweetly at her turning his face more evil than before.

"So wait for me, my dear, dear sweet Paige" then his head harshly move to the side with a cracking of bones killing him instantly.

+++

The Man leaned in his throne like chair - made of finest wood but it was worn out and old. He taps his fingers in the armrest staring at the basin made of gold place in the stand that was made of finest white marble. The basin was filled with clear water.

He stood up cursing and walked towards the double doors. His footstep echoes in the quiet dark hallway of the old castle. The castle is old - almost a ruins. It was surrounded by swamps and dark and dying vines covered almost the walls of the castle. All the furniture's inside the castle was old, shattered and fractured. A mild foul smell roaming inside the castle, the carpet was covered in dust almost hiding it's natural color and the curtains was hanging in the window walls has a rip at the end of the fabric.

No one would dare to live in the old castle except him. There's nothing useful inside the old castle except for the master bedroom.

The master bedroom was beautiful and well preserve. The glass chandelier was lit up, the curtain - made with finest fabric is closed, the carpets and the room was dust free. The queen sized bed with enormous bedpost with antique looking white bed curtains arranged around this small white and bright pattern combination bed. The room itself screams royalty and elegance.

He entered in the master bedroom, quietly walked towards the bed and stared at the woman lying stilled in the bed. The woman was beautiful with pale white skin, her red lips were shut, and her eyes were closed. She was lying in supine position, her both hands were placed together in her stomach.

He bends down touching the woman cheeks with his hand. Her cheeks were soft but her skin was freezing cold.

He immediately retreat his hand feeling the freezing cold in his fingers.

He stood up straight, "Don't worry my love, I will carry out my plans in haste"

He will not waste any second now that he knows that Paige finally met her Lifemate.

+++

Hi everyone!:)

now that the name of the female protagonist is revealed:)

Any thoughts about the book? Comments? Reactions? Questions? don't hesitate to type it below. I would gladly read it and answer all your questions without spoiling the story:) thank you everyone for reading and voting. I hope you all continue to support this book until the end:)