Chapter 22

The Kiss

"The most painful moments and memories eventually lead to the greatest strengths and growth in life."

― Kemi Sogunle

He was sitting in his bed resting for almost two days. He hasn't regained all of his strength but he decided to pushes his strength beyond his limits.

The door opens and a blue eyed woman entered carrying a tray full of food. She glanced at the bed and saw he was smiling at her. She sighed in relief. He finally regains his consciousness. She walked toward the bed and gently laid the tray in his lap as she sit in the bed beside him.

"Are you alright?" she looked at him worriedly. It's been two days since they set foot in Wolfsbane territory without the permission of the Alpha.

"I'm fine, my light" his eyes soften while he put his hand in her cheeks caressing it. "Soon, I'll regain all of powers as a sorcerer" his hand left her cheeks and took the bread in the tray. "All we have to do is to wait for the seal to be broken" he bites a small amount in the bread and chews it slowly.

"Do you really need to do it?" she asked. The screaming from Paige still embedded in her mind.

He looked at her. "The most painful moments and memories eventually lead to the greatest strengths and growth in life."

She looked down as she heard those words; her past flashback in her mind. She feels like someone is stabbing her heart every time she heard him calling 'my light'; she didn't deserve to be called by that, especially him.

"Hey" she heard him saying softly. He put his hand on her chin moving her head up to be able to look at her in her eyes directly. "Stop overthinking, everything will be alright."

A smiled slowly forming in her lips as she silently thanking the gods and goddesses for giving her a wonderful mate.

+++

Alpha cleared his throat loudly enough to bring back all the Alphas from being frozen.

"Y... you a – ar... are..." One of the Alphas was stuttering and couldn't bring himself to finish it.

"Yes" Paige said. "I am Paige Violetta Crescent, the Alpha of the Crescent Pack" as she looked at everyone.

Everyone looked at her with their eyes wide open. They are all get down in their knee while tilting their head in one side to expose their neck as an act of submission except for Solomon.

It was they're wolfs instinct to bow whenever they heard the name of the Alpha of the Crescent.

Solomon unconscious touches his scar in his neck after hearing the Alpha of Crescent. He shook his head trying to clear his mind seeing hazy vision of a silver eyed man and violet eyed man woman.

"Sit" Paige said like she was commanding a dog to do a tricks.

No matter how much it wounds their pride as an Alpha they still obey her. It is not because they want to, but because they're wolfs recognized the authority and power in her voice. They were avoiding meeting her gazes.