Chapter 24

The Mating

It's been two weeks since the twins talked about the memories of the past in the Alpha office.

Paige – as an Alpha was busy organizing and preparing the pack for any surprise attack. They were training day and night. Her pack knew that Prius will come again.

Alpha Slade and Solomon were helping her from training the Sentinels.

Solomon just got out from the bathroom when someone knocks in his door. He put his t-shirt and went to the door to open it while he was rubbing the towel in his wet hair.

Payne entered in his sight when he opens the door. He was a little bit taller than Payne so he looked down to meet Payne's eyes.

"Paige is not here" Solomon said, "She's still in the training ground"

Solomon noticed that Payne glance for a second in his long slanted scar in his neck then back to his eyes.

"I know where she is so I wasn't looking for her." Payne said.

Solomon frowned.

"I need to talk to you something important"

Solomon frown deepen, "something important?"

Payne nodded, "I'll wait in the Alpha's office" then he left.

Solomon's eyes follow Payne until he was gone. Solomon thought for a moment, and then he throws the towel in the table near him and went to the Alpha's office.

Solomon knocks first before he open the door of the Alpha's office. Payne was sitting in the sofa quietly watching Solomon entered the office and sat in the sofa across Payne.

Solomon stared at Payne. This is the first time Payne approach Solomon since he got here so he was curious about that something important they need to talked about. He always notices how Payne stared at the long slanted scar in his neck. As much as possible he tries to avoid Payne. His wolf feels restless every time Payne is near him. Payne let out a presence that is completely opposite from Paige.

"Do you recognize this man" Payne laid a portrait picture in the table in the front of Solomon.

Solomon picks the picture from the table and stared at it. It was a picture of a man wearing all black. What catch Solomon's attention was the violet eyes that is very similar to Paige. He feels like the man in the picture was staring at him as he stares back at the picture.

"He looks familiar" He frowned trying to remember where he saw the man.

"His name is Prius Black" Payne answered.

"The man who was responsible of the annihilation of the Crescent pack" Solomon said as he remembers the name when he read the report about Crescent pack.

"And the man who is responsible of that scar" Solomon looked at Payne and saw he was pointing in his neck.

"What do you mean?" Solomon asked as his hand found the scar in his neck.

"Where did you get that scar?" Payne ignored Solomon question.

"I was eleven years old when my little brother was lost in the forest." Solomon answered Payne with a story, "I was the first one to notice it so I ran towards the forest to search for him while I was mind linking my father about it." He paused, "I found him being surrounded by the three Rouges in their wolf form. My father's Beta was near in our location so he was the first one to get there and help me to fight off the Rogue. I was young that time and still under training so I don't have enough experience in fighting." He put back the picture in the table. "One of the Rouge lunge at me before I notice it his claws slash right in my neck. He was aiming straight in my neck."