Chapter 9

The Lunch date

"Our willingness to wait reveals the value we place on what we're waiting for..."

– Charles Stanley

Solomon was staring at the brunette human in the front of him as she keeps telling him stories that he couldn't understand. They were having a lunch date at one of the finest restaurant in their territory. She keeps talking and talking while she eat her food. Solomon was worried and hoping she doesn't choke her own food. He smiled at her pretending he was listening well – in fact he didn't care what the bloody hell she was talking about.

Solomon was about to put a chuck of meat in his mouth when he heard the voice in his head, 'Brother!'

'Sabrina' he put his fork down and waited for his sister to speak.

'Brother,' she said again.

His instinct kick in telling him that something is not right.

'I heard father talking to Alpha Slade'

Solomon sighed mentally, 'Sabrina, how many times do I have to tell you to stop eavesdropping on someone –...'

'But brother this is really important!' She cut him off. 'The Rouges... a pack of Rouges were planning to attack tonight at the alliance party.'

Solomon stood up earning a looked from the people inside the restaurant hearing the screeching sound of his chair and the brunette woman that was with him, absurdly stop talking. She looked at him and cleared her throat to get his attention, "is everything okay?'

"Yes" Solomon quickly answered, "I apologize, something came up and I really need to go." He took his wallet from his pocket and put money in the table. "It's my pleasure meeting you." He smiled and without waiting for the woman to replied he left the restaurant without looking back.

He really wanted to get out of this damn date!

'Henry' Solomon mind link his father's Beta. 'I'm going to the Wolfsbane territory, something came up.' He informed the Beta, 'You stay here and watch the pack while I'm out.'

'Don't worry Solomon' Henry answered.

Solomon drove in full speed thinking he'll arrived in the Wolfsbane territory before the attack happens. He sighed tiredly. He swiftly brushes his hands in his hair – that lunch date is exhausting.

This is the third time his pack Sentinels set him up in a lunch date with a human. He knew that they were worried about him of not finding hi Lifemate.

Well who wouldn't be?

Solomon is already twenty eight years old and stills no luck of finding his Lifemate. His father met his mother when they were early twenties. Two more years and Solomon will be thirty.

He was supposed to be the Alpha at the age of twenty five but his father couldn't step down in his title unless he found his Luna.

He sighed again. Why did he even agree on this date when he knew that none of the women they set him up is his Lifemate? He was wasting his time dating those women. Dating those women was the worst idea that he ever agreed on.

He shook his head to let those thoughts disappeared in his head. He knew, the fate will lead him to her – to his Lifemate. All he needs to do is to be patient. Right now, he need to focus on driving so that he would arrived in the Alliance party before it is too late.

+++

It was already dark when Solomon arrived at the Wolfsbane pack house. He took a quick glance at his wristwatch knowing the party was already started.

Solomon walked in a rush to the event hall were the party was held. He opened the door and the commotion welcomed him as he entered the hall. Everyone was talking and some of the Sentinels from the different packs were shouting; his eyes immediately searching for his family.

Solomon saw his father standing behind Alpha Slade with his two younger siblings. "Father" he called as he walked towards them, "I heard that the pack of Rouges was planning to attack tonight" he worriedly looked at his younger siblings intently inspecting for any injuries.

"They already made a scene, son" Alpha Shiloh – his father answered and looked at the ceiling. He followed his father eyes and looked up. His body tense up seeing the damage in the ceiling glass.

"Is everything alright?" Looking around as the crowd was still shouting to let them pass to fight the pack of rouges.

"Ask Alpha Slade" His father nodded gesturing Alpha Slade's direction

"Alpha Slade" Solomon stood beside Alpha Slade, "I apologize for coming here uninvited" He looked at him. "I'm here to help your pack to fight those Rouges"

"No need" Alpha Slade replied without looking at Solomon. His eyes were watching something interesting outside. "We got everything under control" he said with pride.

"Let us through!" a Sentinel shouted directly to Alpha Slade. Solomon noticed the Sentinels from the other packs were gritting their teeth as they looked at Alpha Slade.

Did they know that they were disrespecting an Alpha?

The Sentinels around couldn't lift their hands to touch or move towards the door; It seems someone was restraining them to do it.

Solomon realized it why they couldn't touch or move towards the door when he saw a man standing at the door like he was guarding the door.

In the first look, Solomon already knows that the man is a half sorcerer and half shifter. He sighed in relief.

'A sorcerer huh?' he thought.

Alpha Slade is hiding something under his sleeves then why Solomon did doubted his security. He should know that his family is in good hands. He noticed the Wolfsbane Sentinels were calmly and quietly stood there all looking outside.

"It's a suicide!" Solomon heard another Sentinel said. He frowned, why they wouldn't stop ranting. They are all safe here if they stay inside the hall.

"She won't survive there!"

'She?' that caught Solomon attention. His curiosity pushed him to look outside and there he saw a woman standing alone in the center of the clearing ready to face the pack of Rouges that was hiding in the forest. She was holding a thin sword.

Solomon snapped his head towards Alpha Slade, "You're letting a woman fight the Rouges alone?!" he growled, something snapped inside him. He couldn't imagine that Alpha Slade would let a woman fight the Rouge alone when she should be inside protected.

"Control your temper" Alpha Slade calmly said, didn't even spare a glance to Solomon but looked at Alpha Shiloh.

Alpha Shiloh moves beside his son and let out his tranquil ability to calm his son.

All the Alpha of the largest pack has its own perks. Alpha Slade has an ability to bind the life of people to him or to other while Alpha Shiloh has ability to calm people.

"She's not just a woman, she is one of the pack Sentinels of Wolfsbane pack – the strongest of all Sentinels."

Solomon stared at Alpha Slade debating if he would believe it or not.

"Just watch" Alpha Slade grinned and watches her outside with pride in his eyes like a proud father watching his daughter.