Epilogue

EPILOGUE

Solomon was restless. He was walking back and forth in the front of the door. It's been two years since Prius attack the Crescent Pack for the second time and after that they all live peacefully without worrying if Prius is going to attack again.

Prius has violated many natural laws that enrage the gods, so they punished him by dragging his soul to the underworld by the people he killed.

After a month, they initiated the acceptance. Padruig is right; the Crescent Pack has laws that are far different from the other pack. Solomon needs to undergo Acceptance to deem him worthy by the Crescent pack to be the Alpha and the Lifemate of their Luna.

Solomon needs to defeat all sentinels including Raim the Beta of the Crescent Pack who was the best fighter next to Paige. He needs to prove to the pack that he was strong enough to protect the Pack and be beside the Paige.

Paige was against the acceptance saying that he didn't need to prove to everyone that he is strong. Paige has accepted him for who he is but Solomon wanted to do this to give honor to the Crescent Pack tradition.

After Solomon passed the Acceptance, he and Paige live in the middle of the forest building a homey atmosphere house far from the pack house while Payne and his mate – Alena lives in the Pack house. The Crescent territory has been restored. Humans and other race have resided in the territory until it becomes a city. The Pack house was in the small town outside the Crescent City.

Solomon and Paige got married for the legality in the human laws. Solomon change his last name to Crescent preserving the name of the Crescent that was pass down to generation to generation in the family of the Alpha in the Crescent pack.

Now, Solomon was waiting outside the room while Paige was inside the room giving birth to their son. Solomon felt mix emotion. He was excited, nervous, happy and everything that a father felt.

After a few hours of waiting, the door open and Alena came out.

Solomon looked at Alena waiting and then felt relieve when he saw she was smiling happily.

"You can go inside now" Alena said, "She's waiting for you"

Solomon nodded and went inside the room.

Alena walked to the hallway and went to her room. She sat down in the bed staring outside through the window in daze. She didn't know how many minutes she'd been there, until she felt a hand in her back rubbing it gently. Her tense shoulder relaxes and she leans on to his chest. "I'm sorry"

"What for?" Payne said as he embraces his mate comfortingly.

"I couldn't give you a child" Alena sadly said her voice was almost breaking. Water was starting to gather in her eyes blurring her sight. She knew from the moment they all felt that Paige was carrying a child – that moment; that very moment she felt sad and happy. Happy because a new heir is born – the next leader, the Alpha of the Crescent Pack; sad because she knew the curse of the twins – they will always opposite to each other. It means only one thing; if Paige will have a child then Payne won't.

It was the same thing when the late Alpha and Luna was brought back to life. Payne has a privilege to see their parents for the last time and Paige won't.

A tear felt from her eyes, "hey" Payne said as he cup both her cheek and gently move it to look straight to his eyes, "It's okay" he said while wiping her tears that was starting to fall one by one from her eyes.

"But I couldn't give you the feeling of having a child" she sobs, "the feeling of being father"

"shhh" he kissed her lips, "it's okay" he hugged her tightly nestling his face to her neck, "As long as I have you, everything is fine"

+++

Solomon entered the room and the first thing he saw was Paige tiredly lying in the bed. He walked towards her.

Paige moved her eyes away from the baby she was holding and looked at Solomon. She smiled happily and Solomon returns it with a wide smile. "Hi" she said.

"How are you?" Solomon asked as he wipes the remaining sweat in Paige's forehead.

"I'm fine" she look back to their baby, "he looks very much like you"

Solomon follows where Paige was looking and there their son was sleeping peacefully in the arms of his Lifemate. He felt joy overwhelming inside of him.

"Here hold him" Paige gave their son to him.

Solomon carefully and gently took their son in his arms. He slowly sways and gently kisses their son in the forehead as smile was starting to form in his lips again.

"What shall we call him?" Paige asked.

"Cedric" Solomon answered still looking to his son, "He will be called Cedric Crescent" then he looked at Paige who was looking at them with adoration in her eyes.

Rebuilding a life especially to the twins is not easy but by the help of the people around them who was always there to support them has made it easy for them.

THE END

+++++ +++++ ++++++ ++++++ +++++

AUTHOR'S NOTE

hi everyone! 

this book is now officially completed! YAY! finally!

I'll be adding a three extra chapter, so stay tuned!

thank you for reading this book and for voting and also for following me. I highly appreciate you support and patiently waiting for the update.

NEXT:

Heart Series

BOOK II: Precious Heart