I Heard You're In Gryffindor.

The summer couldn't go by quickly enough. Each day more painstakingly boring than the previous one. But after weeks of waiting, my day of personal bliss had arrived. The Quidditch cup was today and I was radiating with excitement.

"Come on, come on! We've got a port key to catch." My mom was double checking our list to make sure we had everything and, as always, my dad was getting annoyed.

"Oh, mother! We have everything! I don't want to miss the key!"

"Oh, alright. Go on then!" She gave me a quick kiss on the cheek and we were off.

We trekked through a field, and over a rather steep hill to find a conspicuously placed cowboy hat, one of the gaudy ten gallon ones, which happened to be our lovely port key. So, they assumed that since we were from Texas that we were cowboys... Stereotypes were the bane of my existence.

"It's the thought that counts." Dad was always optimistic.

I couldn't help but wonder if I would be teased for being American. The thought made my stomach flip, though it was nothing compared to the sensation of using a port key, I came to find out.

The port key we had been holding onto the whole time took off. It gave me an overwhelming sensation in the pit of my stomach, like being on a roller coaster. Soon I was instructed to let go, and since I always - cough - do what I'm told, I released my grip. I landed with an audible thud, and proceeded to yell at my dad for not warning me.

There it was in all its glory, the crazed mess of people surrounding the Quidditch Pitch was beautiful in my eyes. I worked well in chaos.

Eventually, everyone made their way to the Quidditch Pitch and we shoved our way to the minister's box.

The box was pretty much full, and everyone was standing around and chatting. I was introduced to many important people, or so I was told; they all looked like normal wizards to me. We were standing to the side when a tall blonde haired man and his matching blonde son, both dressed in all black, approached us.

"Hello, I'm Lucius Malfoy and this is my son Draco," Lucius held out his hand for my dad to shake.

"I'm Dixon Jones and this is my daughter Allie. Very nice to meet you." They shook hands firmly and began to talk about boring ministry things so I automatically tuned them out.

"So, I hear you're coming to Hogwarts," Draco spoke unexpectedly. I noticed his gray eyes and noted how peculiar they were. He was looking at me with some kind of intensity, like he was trying to figure me out, but a smirk sat on his face. It was in a way that made me question just how long that expression had been on his face. It looked forced.

"Yeah, I've even been sorted already. I'm in Gryffindor," I said with my hands together behind my back. His eyes flooded with disappointment and the smirk melted away, if only for a few seconds..

"Oh, well, I'm in Slytherin," he said, his voice sounded assured but his face didn't match. His arrogant expression wasn't genuine and his face was flushed, much to his embarrassment. On a face that pale, you can't hide a blush bout, no matter how infrequent they might be.

"Come now, Draco." Lucius started walking away and Draco followed, his face still a light shade of pink.

"See you at school," I said unsurely. He looked back briefly, his eyes lingering on my own, and nodded.

Just as soon as they left, they'd been replaced.

"Hello, I'm Arthur Weasley." The man had flaming red locks, as did the majority of kids that were with him. Again my dad introduced us and they were off talking about ministry things, and I was left alone with a group of strangers, there seemed to be pattern forming.