My Knight In Shining Denim.

After enduring a week of detention and missing a D.A. meeting, I was slowly getting back to the place I was before Draco ruined it. I was attending D.A. meetings weekly, mastering all kinds of jinxes, and Dean was as adorable as ever. He had completely forgotten about those three words he almost said to me, or at least I think he did. The poor thing thought I had gotten upset because Draco yelled at me, as if.

But at night when I laid awake, Draco was still the one on my mind. He invaded my every thought when I was alone and I couldn't help but feel terribly for him. I knew the detentions and the anger were just a way of releasing some of his pain. Pain that I had caused him.

Today was the first Quidditch match of the season, Gryffindor and Slytherin, and I really hoped that Gryffindor would beat Slytherin's ass. It was terribly, terribly cold outside, so I wrapped myself up well. I was completely decked out in my red and gold scarf and gloves, not to mention two sweaters and a jacket. Still, once I walked outside, the cold slapped me in the face. Their was no wind and visibilty was good, so I thought we had a pretty good chance.

Dean grabbed my gloved hand with his own and we found seats on the Gryffindor side of the pitch. Ginny was off with Micheal and Emmy was with Padma and Cho. "Man, it's bloody cold out here!" Dean said, his teeth chattering.

"It really is!" I shivered. He put his arms around me and held me which, fortunately, helped keep my shivering to a minimal. "My Knight in shining denim."

He laughed and the Quidditch teams took the field. I don't generally pay too much attention to the actual game, I only paid attention to the ending, really. So, the entire game I just tried to stay warm and not think about Draco too much.

Through the course of the game, Dean accidently yelled in my ear about five times and apologized dozens of times before proceeding to do it again. I tried to block out the noise from the crowd but then it just became too much work, so I began to listen to what people were.....singing?

"Weasley cannot save a thing 

He cannot block a single ring 

That's why Slytherins all sing: 

Weasley is our King.

Weasley was born in a bin, 

He always lets the Quaffle in, 

Weasley will make sure we win, 

Weasley is our King."

They began to sing louder and I notice it was messing Ron up.

"Weasley is our King, 

Weasley is our King, 

He always lets the Quaffle in, 

Weasley is our King."

"Oh my gosh, why can't they just shut up?" I screeched, starting to get angry. Ron was pretty sensitive and I knew he couldn't handle all this singing.

I was completely right, he missed every Quaffle. The only hope we had was Harry getting the Snitch before Slytherin scored too much.

Thankfully he found the Snitch and raced Draco to it before closing his hand around it first. The crowd around me erupted in cheers, but I couldn't take my eyes off of Draco. He was being a typical sore loser and shouting something at Harry. I could see the smirk on his face all the way up here.

Suddenly the other team members were holding back Fred and Harry was holding back George. Oh Lord, what did he say? Apparently something horrible because Harry let go of George and they both charged at him. They were punching him all over; muggle fighting.

"Oh my gosh! They need to be stopped! Why isn't anybody doing anything about it?" I shouted and almost as if she had heard me, Madam Pooch ran over and hit Harry with an Impedimentia jinx.

"Why? He deserved that and you know he did," Dean said from behind me.

"Don't you understand, Dean? They are going to be in big trouble with Umbridge. I wouldn't be surprised if she banned them from playing for the rest of the year."

"She can't do that! Malfoy started it!"

"You think she cares?"

"You're right....they really shouldn't have done that. Umbridge is going to kill them," Dean said with the sudden realization that Umbridge really doesn't care about what's right or wrong.

"I'm always right. Now come on, let's blow this popsicle stand," I said laughing and grabbing his hand.

I did want it to be stopped so Harry and George wouldn't get in trouble but I also didn't want Draco to get too hurt. He was already hurt emotionally, I didn't want him to be hurt physically also. At least this time it wasn't me who caused it.

Dean and I walked back into the castle which was almost as cold as the outside was. We headed up to the common room where we could get warm. We settled into the arm chairs that were placed around the fire.

We sat in silence except for the crackling fire for a few minutes before I asked him. "So, Dean, erm...would you like to come to my house for Christmas break? Emmy's coming along to for a couple of days and I would like it if you would join us," I said all in one breath. I had been contemplating asking him for a few days now and had already asked my parents. I figured it would give us an opportunity to get closer for once.

"Of course I will! Thank you so much for asking me. I was secretly hoping you would," he said, smiling broadly now. I sighed contently. Hopefully I wouldn't see Draco during the break though.

That reminded me that Dean didn't know that Draco was my neighbor. "There's just one little bitty piece of information that you should know before you come."

"What is it?"

"Draco Malfoy is my neighbor," I said, smiling sheepishly at him.

He stared into the fire for a few seconds and then laughed. "Well, that sucks! Let's just hope we don't run into him."

He took that better than I thought he would. I just really hoped that I wouldn't have to see Draco while I was with Dean. That would be a disaster.

Soon, Harry and George were back from McGonagall's office and looking pissed. "What happened?" I asked.

"She banned us from Quidditch for life!" Harry said, sadness and anger in his voice.

"What? She can't do that!" Angelina bellowed.

"Well she did! She banned George and me, but also Fred!"

"How can she do that? Fred didn't even do anything!"

"If it was up to me, I would have earned that ban!" Fred said defiantely.

So now the Gryffindor team was down three players, plus our new Keeper couldn't hold himself together in front of a crowd of singing Slytherins. This season is going to suck.