It's Already Dead.

The summer holidays were drawing to a close faster than I thought possible. But there were a few things that still had to be done before we could head off to Hogwarts. First, Harry had to go to his hearing at the Ministry of Magic to find out if he would be expelled or not, (he had preformed the Patronus charm in front of Dudley, in case you didn't know) and we were still waiting for our booklists to arrive.

The morning of Harry's hearing, he left without a sound. We were all still sleeping, as he left at like six in the morning, but he was back in time for lunch, and had obviously got off. Fred, George, and Ginny started doing this kind of war dance and chanting "He got off, he got off, he got off--"

The days following were painfully boring. Being bored was not a good thing for me right now, it meant I had time to dwell on the fact that there would be no sneaking to meet Draco every night, there would be no more lying to everyone. I wasn't sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing. I mean, lying is never good, but if it meant that I could be with Draco then I was happy.

No...no I wasn't happy. I kept telling myself that if Draco didn't want to be with me than I didn't want to be with him. But that was a lie; I still wanted to be with him, so, so much. I found myself wondering at various points during the day what he was thinking. My guess was that he was a lot happier than I was. He was the one who broke up with me, even though he did try and take it back. What was he thinking? You can't just take something like that back.

Our booklists finally came and we learned that Ron and Hermione had been named Prefects. Now Hermione wasn't a surprise, but Ron? I would have thought that Harry would have gotten it. Mrs. Weasley offered to get our books and things from Diagon Alley while we packed. Then, Ron asked for a new broom since he got named Prefect and his mother obliged.

We all headed up to our rooms to pack after lunch. I solemnly put all of my things into my trunk, all the while thinking of how much this year is going to suck. I put all of my robes in one side, all of my muggle clothes in the other. Soon I packed all of my supplies for school as well, once Mrs. Weasley got back with them.

We all went to sleep after conversing for awhile. Everyone but me was excited to go back to Hogwarts. It's been easier not seeing Draco for all this time. Even though I yearned to see his face once more, I knew it would make me even more depressed, maybe even bring out the anger again.

The next morning we all gathered up to walk to King's Cross Station. Harry went first with Tonks, Moody, and Sirius, who was in dog form. Then the rest of us followed, me carrying Ringo in his cage; he wasn't too happy about having to be kept in his cage when we were outside. It took us about twenty minutes to get to King's Cross on foot. When we arrived, we all went through the wall, as usual. I stood on the platform and looked up at the train, having an internal battle with myself. I wanted so badly to see Draco, but then again I didn't want to see him at all. I didn't know what the hell I wanted.

"Come on, Allie!" Ginny squealed at me. She was oh so excited to find me a rebound. I sighed as I linked arms with her and climbed onto the train. We settled into a compartment with Luna Lovegood, whom was reading some magazine called the Quibbler, upside down may I add. Soon Harry and Neville joined us, Hermione and Ron had to attend to their Prefect duties.

After a few minutes of silence, Ron and Hermione pushed their way into our compartment..."Guess who the Slytherin Prefect is?" Ron said. My heart fluttered as I knew who it was. Why else would he even bring it up?

"Malfoy," Harry said bitterly, as if his worst fear was realized.

Hermione then told us that "that complete cow Pansy Parkinson" had gotten Prefect as well. That made my blood boil. Ugh, I hate her so much. If they were both Prefects, they would be spending a disgusting amount of time together.