I'll Have You Beggin On Your Knees For Me.

Today was the first task.

I was beginning to think that I was more nervous than Harry. My stomach was bunched up in knots and butterflies. I was utterly uncomfortable.

At breakfast, none of us ate, except for Ron, but where was the surprise in that? I looked over at the Slytherin table with narrowed eyes, preparing to chastise them for their choice in buttons but I realized they weren't wearing them. For a moment I caught Draco's eyes which held remorse, but I quickly looked away. I shouldn't be focusing on Draco. Today was Harry's day.

I walked out of the castle with Hermione and Ron, while Harry went with the other champions. My stomach was doing somersaults when we finally sat down. Lo and behold, Draco took his seat right behind me, to which he recieved a dirty look from Hermione. Surprisingly, he ignored it and opted for touching my back with his knee instead. The anger and resolve that I held seemed to melt at the warmth of his touch.

Quickly and unexpectedly, he tapped me on the shoulder. When I turned, I noticed that he held a note in his palm.

 "You dropped this," he said nonchalantly.

 "Thanks," I said, attempting to sound indifferent, even though my heart was competing with my brain to do something quite different.

I stuffed the note in my bag hastily, though it hurt a bit to wrinkle it. I put my hands in my lap and looked straight ahead, afraid to meet anyone's eyes. I was sure to give myself away.

Thankfully, the task started and was enough to distract the blush from crawling up my cheeks. Cedric was the first to go up against his dragon. I was surprised by how much secondhand embarassment I had, since I didn't know Cedric at all. But he did well enough and didn't get injured.

Next up was Fleur. Even with her face screwed up in concentration she was breathtaking. Ron stared longingly after her. After a bit of struggle, she retrieved her egg as well.

Then came Viktor. His stature and build were impressive, even in the heat of the competition. But despite this, his idea wasn't the best. Of course he got his egg, but his hex caused the dragon to crush the real ones. He was sure to lose points.

Finally Harry was up and I could feel myself shaking in my shoes. Harry was, by far, the cleverest and the fastest. He used a summoning charm to obtain his firebolt and then, he coerced the dragon away from the eggs and grabbed his. 

Breathing a heavy sigh of relief, I remembered the note in my bag. I needed to know what was in it.

Thankfully, the nerves seemed to have got to Ron and he realized what a git he was being. They made up in such a boyish manner that Hermione sat scoffing at them for the longest time before we went back up to the common room to celebrate. Fred and George had sneaked into the kitchen to gather up food and butterbeer for the party.

Almost immediately, I made up a lame excuse to go up to my dorm for a few minutes so I could read the note. I settled onto my bed and rummaged in my bag to find it. After a slow exhale,  I opened it.

I'm sorry.

I could sit here all day writing how sorry I am but I know it won't make a difference. I know I shouldn't have worn that button and I've asked my friends not to wear them. Please forgive me, I will get down on my knees and beg if you'll let me. Please write me a note back. Please.

I bit on my lip unsurely. He did seem sorry, and I would love to see him beg. Maybe I would forgive him? I grabbed a spare bit of parchment that I had lying on my nightstand and began to write.

I guess I'll meet you Saturday night. I will definitely be expecting the begging and pleading. Don't think you're going to get away with this. You'll have to work for it.

I had to smile while folding it up. I wanted to make him squirm. That way, maybe next time, he wouldn't be so ready to be a git to my friends.

The next morning at breakfast, I caught Draco's eye and nodded my head towards the entrance to the Great Hall. He gave a nod of understanding and got up, walking out without so much as a backward glance. "I'll be right back," I said, to no one in particular. 

Draco was waiting right outside the doors. I gave him the note without meeting his eyes or saying a word. I turned on my heels and headed right back to my seat.

I watched him walk back into the Great Hall, slumped over with nervousness etched all over his face. Justice

Finally the night was upon us and I couldn't help but be excited. I wanted to act angry but I didn't know how long I could hold up the facade. I missed Draco so much.

He was standing right outside the door, looking down at his feet. I looked at him briefly before turning away and walking to our empty classroom with him trailing behind me like a puppy.

When I walked in, I faced the wall with my arms crossed over my chest until he had shut the door behind him. I immediately turned to face him, looking at him menacingly. He was blushing again, the scarlett color obvious against his pallor complexion. 

"Well?" I asked, my arms still crossed.

He looked around the room awkwardly and then, with a grudging manner, got down on his knees. "I'm sorry. Please take me back. I won't ever do a stupid thing like that again."

"Alright, alright. Stop grovelling," I said, grabbing his hand and pulling him up to kiss me. 

I pulled away. "And don't make promises you can't keep," I said with a giggle.