Hyenas Are Annoying

Emmy's POV

"An iguana? That is so badass," Fred said with a warm kind of amusement.

"Yeah, just like me. What was yours? I didn't get a chance to see in all the commotion," I asked as we walked down the corridor aimlessly.

"A hyena. It makes sense, really," he said with a chuckle.

"It really does make sense. Hyenas are annoying," I said with a smirk as I sat at a rather large window sill deep in the castle.

"But you love my annoying ass, you know you do," he said as he sat next to me and lifted his legs up to prop on my lap which I promptly pushed off.

"That may be true, but that doesn't mean you can put your feet where ever you please," I taunted and stuck my tounge out at him.

He returned the favor and decided that it was smarter to put his feet on the ground; wise choice. We sat in silence for a few minutes while I looked out of the window. There was still snow on the ground and I almost started shivering just looking at it. I hated the cold.

"What am I going to do when you leave school? I can't imagine not seeing you everyday," I blurted out without even realizing. It was something I had been thinking about for awhile. I was in absolute shambles on the inside because of it.

"You'll be fine without me. I know you can take care of yourself. You're an iguana, they're tough," he smiled reassuringly at me.

"I guess you're right. I know that I'll make it through, I'll just miss you, that's all," I said truthfully. I knew it would be hard which is why I decided to make the best of the time we had left.

"I'll miss you too," he said, closing the distance between us so he could wrap his arms around me and kiss me on my head.

"I have an idea," I said hopefully. I had finally opened my eyes for the first time in years. "I don't care anymore about obeying my parents, I really don't."

"Are you thinking what I think you're thinking?" he asked with glee filling his eyes.

I grabbed his hand and beamed at him. "Let's go show the world that we're together. I can always live with Allie if I need to."

With that, we both got up and walked hand in hand to the Great Hall where everyone was eating lunch. We didn't seperate when we saw people in the corridors, we kept our hands intertwined.

Once we entered the Great Hall, all eyes were on us. People just sat there gawking at us. "You'd think they'd at least try to hide it," I whispered into Fred's ear.

It was an exhillarating feeling, really. I'd imagine this moment since we began our relationship but actually going through with it was a different story.

"Would you like to be a rebel and sit with me?" Fred asked with the usual glint of mischief in his eyes.

"Why yes I would."

We sat down at the Gryffindor table, Fred by George, and me by Allie. "So, you've decided to come out about your relationship, eh?" Allie asked me.

"I decided it was time," I told her and then leaned in to whisper in her ear, "Maybe you should take a page out of my book."

She looked at me reproachfully but didn't comment on my advice. I looked ahead and found Ginny's eyes. She was gaping at us but didn't say a word. I knew that I was in for it, I should have told her. I gave her a pleading look but she just narrowed her eyes at me.

"I bet you're just loving all this attention," Fred said as he looked over me and smiled.

"Oh, yeah. I'm just loving it," I said sarcastically. He only laughed and turned back to his lunch.

Suddenly the food in front of me didn't look so appetizing. I merely pushed it around with my fork and didn't look up at Ginny again.

When everybody stood up to leave, I grabbed Allie's sleeve and urgently asked her to convince Ginny to go with her to the corridor where we had dragged her away from Draco a few months ago where they would meet me. It would be the best place to talk because I didn't want everyone to hear the yells of Ginny scolding me.

She nodded her head and went to get Ginny. I walked to the corridor by myself slowly, silently hoping that they would get there before me. Unfortunately, I got there first so I had to wait it out by myself.

After a few minutes, I heard footsteps coming 'round the corner and I tensed up. Allie looked at me remorsefully while I just recieved a cold glare from Ginny.

"I'm really sorry, Ginny! I honestly am! I should have told you."

"Why didn't you? And how long has this been going on?" she said with her arms crossed stiffly against her chest.

"I didn't even know you when we started seeing each other, which was the end of last year," I explained. "Nobody knew in the beginning until Allie and George saw us one night in the corridor."

"You knew about it too and you didn't tell me?" Ginny turned on Allie.

"I would have told you but I promised I would keep it a secret!" Allie pleaded with her, clearly not pleased that this had turned on her as well.

"But you're my best friend. Doesn't that mean anything to you?"

"Of course it does! But it wasn't my secret to tell. You know that. Would you have told Emmy about Draco and I if I said that you couldn't? I'd hope not."

"No.....I wouldn't have," she said, looking down at her feet now.

"Exactly. And now that we're confessing, I should probably tell you that I've been seeing Draco again. Please don't get mad, this is my decision and no one is going to change my mind about it," Allie said quickly.

Ginny only stared at her for a few moments before speaking again. "Is there anything I should know?"

"No, I think that's it." Allie said and Ginny turned to leave.

"Wait!" I yelled and ran for Ginny who whipped around to face me. I grabbed hold of her shoulders and looked her right in her hazel eyes. "I love your brother. This isn't a joke to me. I'm sorry that I didn't tell you," I said, letting as much meaning as possible to seep through my words.

She searched my face for what felt like an hour before saying, "You better not keep anything from me ever again. You either," she said turning to Allie.

Then she turned around and walked off. Allie and I turned to smile at each other in relief. She wasn't mad anymore. I felt like an elephant that was sitting on my chest just got off of it. I could breath again and now all I had to worry about was my parents finding out.

And that wasn't a big deal to me anymore.