You Better Give It To Me

It was a few days after the Hogsmeade incident when we got word of the first DADA meeting. It was scheduled for today after classes. Dean was really excited about the prospect of learning a bunch of new spells, but I was more distracted then ever. I couldn't stop thinking about Hogsmeade, about how I ruined everything. I was sure that he hated me now, I don't understand how he couldn't. I chose Dean over him.

Regardless of the fact that I was depressed beyond belief, life still went on. I went to my classes and I faked smiles for everyone, I hung out with my friends and I kissed Dean. I was becoming quite the actress. My friends saw right through my act, whereas Dean was completely oblivious.

Today I was determined to be happy though. I was excited that I would get to be hanging out with my old friends again. We had grown so far apart and I didn't know why. Well, actually I kind of know why, they were completely consumed in their own world, and so was I. On top of that, I lied to them all last year, not that they knew that but I still did. I wedged a block in between our friendship without even realizing it. Now that I didn't have anything to hide, maybe we could become closer. At least that's what I hoped.

We all lined up to go to the meeting. We went in small groups, as to not draw any unwanted attention. I left with Dean, Ginny, and Emmy. Emmy was the one who showed us the way, since she's the one who knew were it was. Dean grabbed my hand and smiled at me affectionately. I sighed, he was too good. Too good to be with someone who didn't love him. He deserved someone who would care about him the way he cares about me.

I shoved that thought to the back of my mind and focused on the corridor ahead as we made our way to the Room of Requirement. Dean knocked lightly on the door and it was opened by Harry. We were the first to arrive. There were pillows scattered across the floor, so we all took a seat on one to wait for the rest of the group to show up.

Little by little the room filled and soon everyone that had been at the Hog's Head in Hogsmeade was sitting on the floor in the Room of Requirement. Hermione stood up awkwardly and began to speak. They talked a bit about the room and all the items in it.

"I think we also need a name, you know, to give a feeling of unity," Hermione said.

"How about the Defense Assocation? The D.A. for short," said Cho Chang, glancing at Harry and then blushing like mad.

"How about instead of it standing for Defense Assocation it can stand for Dumbledore's Army since that's exactly what the Ministry fears," Ginny said. I grinned at her in appreciation. 'That was a great idea!' I mouthed. There were many nods and murmurs of agreement and Ginny looked pleased.

"Okay, Dumbledore's Army it is!" Hermione said, then looked to Harry who stood up and began to speak.

"Okay, I think we should begin with Expelliarmus. I know it's a basic spell, but I think we ought to start out there," Harry said, sounding a bit nervous.

"I hardly think expelliarmus is going to help us fight You-Know-Who," Zacharias Smith began.

"I've used it against him before. It saved my life last June," Harry said quietly. That shut Zacharias right up but it didn't stop me, along with a few others, from shooting glares at him from across the room.

"Okay, so everyone split up into pairs and we'll begin practicing."

Everyone dispersed immediately, I with Dean, Ginny with Emmy, Hermione with Ron, Fred with George, and so on. Soon the only people left alone were Harry and Neville. Harry decided to practice with Neville for awhile before he made his rounds.

Dean was too cute, he didn't want to use the spell on me. I caused his wand to shoot out of his hands a dozen times before I finally told him that it was okay if he disarmed me. He smiled and said that he knew that, he just didn't want to.

"If you want to learn anything in these meetings, you're going to have to pratice on me. I'm not going to break or anything, I'm not that fragile, I'm just a girl," I winked at him.

"Not fragile? You look as if you could burst into tears any minute!" he said jokingly, but his eyes said that he was being truthful.

"Oh please!" I said, sticking my tounge out at him. I took that opportunity to disarm him since he wasn't paying any attention.

"Hey!" he laughed and then turned to go get it.

"Accio wand!" I said and Dean's wand flew to me. He came over to get it but I hid it behind my back.

"Oh I see how it is!" he smirked and then tackled me for it.

"I'm not giving it to you!" I squealed as I fell onto one of the many pillows.

"You better give it to me!"

"What are you going to do about it?"

He looked at me with a smirk on his face and smiled slyly seconds before he started tickling me. I was secretly very ticklish but I didn't like to tell people about it because I didn't want them to be able to use it against me. I howled with laughter as his fingers dug into my skin lightly.

"Stop it! Stop it Dean! You're killing me!"

"Give me my wand then!" he said, his fingers still prodding me.

"Fine, fine, fine! I surrender!" I said, giving him the wand and gasping for breath.

"I didn't want to do that, but you made me," he said, kissing my forhead lightly. "You're too cute when you laugh."

I blushed slightly and we went back to praticing. Not many people had noticed our transaction because they were too absorbed in trying to disarm their partners. I sighed happily, I did really like Dean alot. Though I was still in love with Draco, I was beginning to think that being with him wouldn't be too bad. He was fun and cute and sweet and he cared about me alot. Too much.

 Harry was still making rounds and he was nearing us. He observed me disarming Dean yet again.

"Wow, Allie! You have alot of natural ability! Have you ever done a disarming spell before?" Harry asked.

"No, I've never done one in my life."

"Well, you've got some talent then, you're doing it perfectly!" he praised. "Okay Dean, let me see you try and disarm her."

Dean looked at Harry with astonishment and proceeded to make a feeble attempt at disarming me. My wand just sort of quivered a little.

"You're holding back too much Dean. It's not going to hurt her, I promise you that. Try again but this time say it with more conviction."

"Expelliarmus!" Dean said. This time my wand did actually fly out of my hand and hit the shelf behind me.

"Good, good. I told you, it didn't hurt her," Harry smiled and patted Dean on the back.

"See? I told you! Not a scratch on this pretty face," I smirked at him.

"Okay, guys!" Harry yelled out over the crowd. "Everyone did really well today! I think we should meet sometime next week as well."

"Sooner!" Dean yelled, probably eager to practice more now that he knew he wouldn't hurt me or anything.

"We still have Quidditch practice guys!" Angeline Johnson bellowed. 

"Okay, how about we meet next Wednesday then? Sound good?" Harry said.

Everyone murmured in agreement and that was that. Everyone left in pairs as it was past nine o'clock which is what time we were supposed to be back in our common rooms. Dean and I were the last pair to leave. 

We walked in silence down the corridor for awhile until I spoke. "That was pretty fun, I'm really glad they decided to do it."

"Me too! I'm so excited to learn all those new spells. It's gonna be great," Dean beamed.

I smiled up at him, he was adorable. The way his face lit up with excitement and his dimples shone through on his dark face. I was gazing at him in appreciation when he pulled me behind a statue. Yes, a statue. The very same one that I had made out with George behind not too long ago.

Dean stood there smiling at me in the cutest way ever, so cute that I just had to smile back. He pushed a fallen strand of hair behind my ear and said the one thing I least expected.

"I think I'm in love with you."