Just The Usual Malfoyness.

The next day we all lined up in the Great Hall to find out who the Triwizard champions were. Everyone was giddy with anticipation. But by the time the first flaming strip of paper took flight, the murmurs hushed. 

"The Durmstrang champion is Viktor Krum!" Dumbledore yelled. Viktor Krum got up and slumped his way over the Dumbledore, taking the strip, and walking out of the Great Hall into the Champion's room. The next piece of fiery parchment made it's way into Dumbledore's awaiting hand.

"The Beauxbaton champion is Fleur Delacour!" Fleur gave a face-splitting smile and walked gracefully out of the room, receiving a few whispers of appreciation from the boys around me.

Finally the last slip of paper came out. I could feel the anticipation rolling off the bodies in the room while everyone collectively leaned forward to hear Dumbledore's announcement. "The Hogwarts champion is Cedric Diggory!" 

Cedric gave a genuine half-smile and followed the others out while the Hogwarts students gave a deafening roar. After Cedric was out of sight, the chatter commenced. And just when the excitment seemed to be over, it made way for astonishment when the flames came to life once more. Another slip of parchment paper flew out. Voices cried out and people speculated, but no one's guess could have even compared to the truth.

"Harry Potter?" Dumbledore said, a question in his inflexion. A gasp left my mouth in a whoosh. Harry didn't move.

"Harry Potter!" Dumbledore screamed when Harry hadn't come forward.

"I didn't do it. I didn't put my name in," Harry said numbly as he got up and walked past Dumbledore to the Champion's room. After Harry had gone into the room, the students in the Great Hall were swept into an uproar. 

"I can't believe he didn't tell me!" Ron said. His expression was one of someone who'd been betrayed.

"You honestly think he put his name in there? Didn't you see his face? He was just as surprised as everyone else!" I said, defending Harry.

"Yeah, well, clearly he's a good actor." 

I knew Harry wasn't capable of this; he hadn't even seemed that interested in the competition.

When we all went back to the common room, everyone seemed to be going to bed since it was a Tuesday and we had classes the next morning, but I waited up for Harry. When he finally walked through the door, I jumped up and threw my arms around him.

"I'm so sorry this happened! I just want you to know that I don't think you did it. But just a warning, Ron thinks you did..." I said carefully.

"He does, does he? Thanks for believing that I wouldn't do something like this," he paused. "Also, do you know why Draco Malfoy is standing outside the common room?" My heart stopped. I fixed a smile on my face and tried to breath.

"No, that's odd. Did he say anything?" I managed to say.

"Just the usual Malfoyness. Well I'm going to bed. See you in the morning, and really, thanks," he said smiling.

"No problem," I said, smiling until he turned around.

After Harry was out of sight, I ran to the door and went outside. There he was with his back to the door, running his hands through his white-blonde hair. Since everyone was asleep, I thought it was safe to bring him in the common room. I grabbed him by the hand and brought him in.

"What were you doing out there?" I said exasperatedly.

"Waiting for you to come out," he said as he sat on the couch and pulled me into his lap.