We Need To Talk.

I had only been home for a day and already Draco had shown up at my house. I had already told my parents beforehand that I had made friends with him and he would probably be over a lot. They were a bit hesitant, as they knew his father was a deatheater, but I convinced them that Draco was nothing like his dad.

We were now sitting in my bedroom and talking. Just talking. I was on my bed and he was on a chair beside me. He was just telling me about his dad's dark mark appearing on his forearm again when my own dad walked in. He told me that he and my mom were heading out to a meeting. I knew this meant a meeting for the Order of the Phoenix; he didn't have to say it. They left soon after, leaving me and Draco home alone. I was extremely surprised that they trusted me enough to leave me alone with a boy in my bedroom.

Draco decided that this was his cue to get onto my bed with me, but before he did that he went to shut my door. He then climbed on the bed and kissed me immediately.

"Didn't you want to finish what you were saying?" I said in-between his kisses.

"No, not really," he said, turning to kiss me on the neck. His hands were tangled in my loose hair and he soon began to kiss me more feverishly. I laid down on my bed and he laid next to me, almost on top of me actually. I let his hand wander for awhile but then he became a little too frisky.

"Draco..," I said breathlessly, and shook my head while I sat up. "Not right now."

"Okay, I understand. We don't have to if you're not ready."

He sat up as well and we both looked at each other and laughed at our flustered appearances.

"I know I said that I would this summer....but," I told him.

"It's okay, if you're not ready, you're not ready."

"That doesn't mean you can't spend the night though. If you still want to, I'm game."

"Then I shall," he smiled and it melted my heart.

So, that is what he did. He left my house after we had eaten dinner with my parents, only to return a couple of hours later. It was pitch black outside, but I had left my light on to show that I was still awake. I didn't have to worry about my parents hearing anything weird because of the silencing charm I had put around my room, like always. Still Draco was quiet as he snuck into my room that night.

We didn't do anything, just like I said. But we slept next to each other. His arm around my waist and my hand was over his own. It was wonderful, I didn't want to get up the next morning, but alas, Draco had to get back before anyone noticed he was gone from his own house.

I was beaming when I went down to breakfast that morning, still happy from the night before. We continued doing that for weeks. He would spend the day at my house, leave, and then come back for the night. I was seeing more of him than ever. I couldn't imagine life without him. I almost forgot that I was going to spend a month with Ginny, and that month was almost here.

I reminded Draco of this and he seemed fine, but the next day, he began to act weird..distant. When I would question him about it, he acted like he was fine and that I was imagining things. Even I couldn't have predicted what happened next.

I was sitting in my living room. Soaking in the coziness of it all. The stone walls gave it such a homey feeling and the smell of freshly baked cookies enveloped my senses, making me feel warm. Draco hadn't been by yet, which was odd because he was usually here before lunch. Just as this thought ran through my mind, there was a knock at the door. I went to go answer it. I looked out to see his shocking grey eyes had filled with sadness, not holding the usual warmth they did when he saw me.