It Shall Be A Secret.

I'm slowlyyyyy editing this so just bear with me, the writing does get better the farther you go. I wrote this in 2011, so sorry lmao!

---------

"Double Potions today," Harry said exasperatedly.

The holidays had ended and it was the first day back at classes. Harry's reminder got my heart pumping again, the adrenaline coarsing through my veins. I had tried so hard to forget what happened at the Yule ball, but soon I would be face to face with Snape once again.

I fell behind Harry, Ron and Hermione, walking slowly as possible, silently dreading the moment I would walk into that cold dungeon classroom. But alas, it had to happen. Snape looked at me slyly as I walked into his classroom, his greasy hair falling over his cold eyes.

He smirked--he actually smirked. Seeing an expression on his face that wasn't anger or annoyance shook me to my core. I walked to my caldron with my head down. I looked to Draco for reassurance but he looked just as terrified as I felt. I guess he was just putting up a brave front for me. Suddenly I started to feel sick.

"Today we are going to talk about a variety of disastrous potions. We shall start with Amortentia--also known as the world's strongest love potion." Snape looked directly at me as he said love and smirked once more. I could feel the humiliation coming.

"The love potion causes the drinker to become infatuated with the giver of the potion. It gives a different aroma to each person according to what attracts them the most. I have a sample here." He grabbed a little pink bottle and started walking swiftly to my table. "Miss Jones, tell me, what is it that you smell?" I cursed him in my head.

"Um..." I inhaled deeply. It smelled--it smelled like Draco. "I smell men's cologne." I lied. It actually smelt like soap--the one that Draco used each and every morning.

"Uh huh," Snape said, clearly not satisfied with my answer. He started walking to Draco's table. "What about you Mr. Malfoy?"

Draco took his turn in smelling the potion. He didn't lie however. "Vanilla." I always kept the scent of vanilla close to me. It reminded me of my mother--of home and warmth. Snape seemed a bit more satisfied with this, although it wasn't an unusual answer.

With this over, Snape looked defeated, apparently not wanting to outright say what he saw to the entire class. Soon the subject was changed and I was left to breath a sigh of relief. I was out of the woods, for now at least.

-------

I walked down the dock that led to the Black Lake on the brisk February morning of the second task. Hermione and Ron were nowhere to be found, so I alone. I stumbled into the boat while it rocked backwards and forward, scanning the occupants. Neville was the only one I knew, so I took my seat next to him just as the boat glided over the water toward three huge towers where the school was sitting. 

Neville and I found our seats in a near vacant section, with the exception of a few strangers. We chatted quietly about nothing in particular when, out of the corner of my eye, I saw Draco swagger over to the empty seat next to me and sit. I felt Neville tense up.

"Don't worry Neville; he's not going to mess with you," I whispered to Neville. It didn't seem to help.

"What are you doing?" I whispered in Draco's direction.

"Watching the tournament, what else?" Draco said, crossing his arms over his chest to get comfortable.

"You're scaring Neville," I whispered.

"I'm not going to do anything." Quickly, he flashed a smile in my direction.

I glanced around to make sure Hermione and Ron were still missing, and returned it swiftly. Neville was still looking straight ahead and was as stiff as if someone had put a full body-binding curse on him.