« 10 »

It was a very colorless day, the sky was full of clouds and filled with a sulking grey.

It was seemingly early when Natsu Dragneel had stormed out of his house, trying to hold in the verge of tears that were starting in his eyes.

Everything was wrong.
He hated everything,
And Everyone.

He hated his dad. He hated him because he took every penny Natsu earned for himself. Just to buy himself more booze. He hated Zeref, for trying to protect their dad from Natsu attacking him, only to be punched by Natsu on accident. He hated his friends who never knew what was going on in his life. He hated his mother, for leaving them alone with a pathetic excuse of a father, to fend for themselves.

And he hated Lucy Heartfilia... for making him feel like everything was okay when it was not.

The most of all; Natsu hated himself. Why was he so worthless? So pathetic? How could he be so careless with his money? How could he let his dad see it? It was all they had.

Natsu's head filled with pain as he went through the bills he hadn't paid yet, his heart just ached remembering the black swollen eye of Zeref's.

Natsu just couldn't take it anymore. He was so full of anger that all he could see was the deep color of red.

Storming into the school, he rounded up the first happy-go-lucky nerd that accidentally bumped into him, which turned out to be a shortish kid that was either 1 or 2 years younger than him and had spiked blonde hair. Natsu didn't really give a fuck about what his name was.

His so called 'Friends' sensed the trouble, making a surrounding circle around Natsu and the boy, throwing cheers at him.

"Yeah Natsu, smash that fags face!" You could hear Gray Fullbuster say as Gajeel RedFox joined in as well. Motivating him to beat the poor kid up.

"I-I'm sorry!! I didn't see where I was going!!" The boy cried in a deepish voice.

"Of course you didn't you slimy skinned ugly fuck face dork." Natsu growled at him, throwing him against a wall.

He was about to respond but that's when Natsu just completely lost it. All the anger and pressure that had built inside of him finally exploded and turned into actions; Natsu took it out on the boy by slamming kicks into his stomach and punches up his jaw.

You could hear the boy's screams of pain as everyone around them just laughed.

"STOP IT!-" Natsu heard that familiar voice, but with a tone of panic and horror.

Lucy dropped her stuff immediately and Natsu saw her running towards him as she grabbed his arm and tried pulling off the poor boy so Natsu wouldn't kill him.

However, Natsu wasn't even himself at the moment. So he pulled his arm back and pushed Lucy with all his might as he watched her fall backwards in slow motion, hearing a large thump as she fell against the floor.

Everything and everyone went completely silent at the scene they had just saw. It was like the worst thing and they were not ready for it.

Natsu finally snapped back from his senses and did nothing but stare as the guilt hit him right in the face. There she was, sitting on the ground with her blonde hair covering her eyes.

The pain that Natsu felt before could not even match up to the pain he was feeling now.

He had nearly hurt Lucy.

He hurt the thing he cared about most

His only ray of light

His only hope.

"L-Lucy" Natsu said as he ran towards Lucy as he kneeled down to her, offering his hand to help her but she refused.

"Don't you dare touch me." She responded with the coldest voice that just sent shivers down Natsu's spine.

Lucy got up, wobbling a bit, walked over to the helpless boy who was covered in bruises and dark blood, that Natsu beat up ruthlessly.

"Come here." He heard her say to the boy as she wrapped her arms around him, trying to get him to stand up.

"Lucy please-" Natsu choked up as he felt the tears form again.

"Listen to me very carefully, don't you EVER say my name, talk to me, touch me, or even look at me. I want nothing to do with you, and the rumors were true, you're just some reckless bully." She said to him with the same cold voice as he just stood there shocked, but without showing his expression.

She took a deep breath and started walking away until the boy started puking blood, luckily Lucy jumped back before the blood would land on her. "I'm sorry!" The boy cried once more as his voice cracked and Lucy just kept walking towards the nurse's office.

Natsu had felt as if his heart was just being broken into a million pieces while being stabbed with thousands of sharp needles. Like I said, the pain he felt before was nothing to the pain that was affecting him now.

The bell rang, breaking the silence of the crowd. They all separated one by one, going to their classes.

Yet his friends just stood there, snickering as if their life depended on it.

"What a couple of losers."

"They're so dumb."

"Imagine being as uptight as them."

"Oi Natsu! Just forget about them, let's get to class."

But Natsu didn't say a word. Instead he chose to walk off school grounds, passing the school gates.

Thinking about it, he is no better than his horrible monstrous father.

Natsu has completely lost everything now.

He had lost the only thing that made him sane.