« 17 »

Natsu Dragneel would be more than happy to be sleeping next to Lucy Heartfilia, but at the moment it happened to be the most awkwardest thing to ever happen to him.

There they both were, hurdled up together on the medium sized soft couch. Natsu can feel that she was uncomfortable but she somehow managed to fall asleep.

Natsu could hear her heartbeat and soft breathing in between her sleep.

You're probably asking about Natsu well, he just couldn't close his eyes.

His mind and thoughts were full of their needless to say, 'Almost kiss'. Just imagining what would've happened if they did and also repeating her backing away while his heart sank in sadness.

He looked over at Lucy and saw how peaceful she looked. Even during her midnight sleep, she looked like an angel.

He traced his fingers against her gentle cheeks and pushed away a few strands of her golden locks that were covering most of her face.

His fingers traced down to her lips, with a softening touch, the desire filled him with hope. He closed his eyes and leaned down nearly a few inches apart from her face until-

"AGHHHHHHHHHHH!" Was heard from upstairs as Zeref's screams filled the house.

Natsu sat up as fast as the speed of light while Lucy ended up falling off the couch.

"Wh-What was that?!" She questioned
a bit sleepy as her hair was sticking out from mostly everywhere.

"Zeref." Natsu mumbled as he ran up stairs, Lucy doing the same, bursting open the door and there sat Zeref, against the bed in tears.

Natsu sighed and sat down next to him. While Zeref was still sobbing.

"I-I'm sorry I didn't m-mean to wake you, I-I just don't want him to t-touch or h-hurt me ag-again." he nurtured with his voice cracking in-between.

Natsu curled his fist, knuckles turning white while his jaw clenched in anger. Lucy just gave him a look of sympathy and hugged him, giving him a small pat on his back.

"No one's going to hurt you Zeref. Not anymore." Natsu growled. As he felt the need to protect his brother even if they're long away from their horrible father.