« 19 »

Lucy Heartfilia was really tense as well.

Once they got home Zeref had already awoken so Lucy pulled out the famous board game that goes by the name of Monopoly and played with him while Natsu decided to call the police to file a report on their dad.

He went to the kitchen where he would be able to communicate with them properly.

"Hello?"

From there Natsu had explained to them of what has been happening.

"Yep that's the place."

"W-What..?"

"Oh. Thank you for your time officer." Natsu mumbled with a hint of both anger and fear in his voice.

"What happened?" Lucy asked with a bit of worry after Natsu hung up, Zeref decided to listen.

"They couldn't find him. He wasn't there." He muttered with a small growl at the end.

"What?! Did they look hard enough maybe he's hiding in the fucking backyard or something!" Zeref yelled angrily.

"Zeref, Calm down-" Lucy tried to help.

"Don't tell me to fucking calm down!" Zeref spat, Lucy felt herself in shock but realized he was just angry.

"Zeref," Natsu said with calmness filling his voice hoping it will also calm his brother. "They'll find him. They're going to look for him."

"And do you really believe that?!" He yelled in response while he stood up from the floor and flipped the game board over, watching all the pieces scatter around them.

Natsu didn't respond. Nor Lucy. It was completely silent.

"You know what?! I don't care anyway!" Zeref yelled once more and ran upstairs to his almost room.

"Ugh." Natsu signed, leaning against the kitchen counter.

"I'm sorry they couldn't find him Natsu..." Lucy said and stood up from her spot. He looked over at her and saw the sadness written all over her face.

"It's alright. I'm also sorry, about Zeref snapping at you. Even after you've helped us." He mumbled quietly.

"No, I understand. He's angry and I'm being selfish. Honestly I'm just glad to have you guys around after being lonely most of my life." She said to him with a bright smile.

"So Natsu," she said once again. "Do you have any relatives maybe an aunt or grandparent you can live with for now?" She wondered.

"If I did, I surely wouldn't be living with my father." Natsu chuckled with a hollow tone.

"You can stay with me if you'd like. We can turn my bedroom into you and zer-" she optioned with a slight interruption.

"Lucy, yes. Fuck yes- er I mean yeah I would love to stay here- I'll even pay you-" he said but she returned while she interrupted.

"No, No silly you don't have to pay me, we're friends." She responded, looking down at the ground.

She also didn't need the money; as for you all know she's living in riches but has her reason to not tell Natsu.

"I will, at the moment I don't have anymore due to my bastard of a dad who took it all for his booze but once I get some I'll give it to you"

"No, Natsu-"

"Please Lucy? I don't like feeling in debt." He said with a shadow of puppy dog eyes appearing on his face as he knew a few of her weaknesses.

"Ugh. Fine." She said with a bit of both guilt and regret.

Why guilt? ; she doesn't need his money.

And Regret? ; for telling him she can't handle puppy dog eyes.

She decided that when he gave her the money that she would save it to buy both Natsu and Zeref Christmas gifts since it was only 2 months away.

"Yes!" Natsu chimed in victory as Lucy shook her head and giggled quietly.