Chapter 20

Jenny's POV

It was silent on our walk back to camp, me and Peter were trudging behind all the lost boys as the air was filled with a mourning silence. I never knew Rufio that well but I know he was a very nice boy.

All of this wouldn't have happened if I just stayed in camp, Rufio would have been alive and I wouldn't have fucked up.

I felt a hand grab my arm stopping me from walking with the group. I look up to see that hand belonged to Peter. He was looking down at me with an unreadable expression, he looks at me intently for what feels like the longest time.

"Peter wha-" Before I could ask my question, Peter caught his lips upon mine, gently this time. After a few moments he pulled away and rested his forehead against mine.

"Don't you ever have thoughts like that again," he takes his hands in mine and lightly squeezes. "It was not your fault, everything happens for a reason."

He pecks my lips one more time and starts to continue to walk holding my hand. It was a comfortable silence until I heard him mutter, "Just think happy thoughts."

---
Camp
---

Jenny's POV

As I walk into camp, still holding Peter's hand may I add, I watch all the boys go straight to their different tents since it was a long day.

"Um, thank you Peter, for um y'know saving me and stuff." God I'm so awkward.

He pulls me into a hug and I return it. "No problem Jenny, anything for you." He says hugging me tightly.

We stood there for a few more seconds until I remembered, I used magic. Right then and there so many questions formed in my head causing me to look up at Peter.

"I have many questions I need answers to about what just happened on Hook's ship." He chuckles and grabs my arm and leads me to his tent.

"I will answer all of your questions as best as I can so you can be relieved of your dying curiosity." Okay Peter, it's not that deep, chill.

Relieved he didn't hear my thought, we walk into his tent and sit down on his bed.

"Okay so first question, how the hell do I have powers?" I ask looking down at my hands where I thought the magic was being held.

"You're mother was a very powerful being, and also a queen." He says. Is he talking about the same so-called mother I'm thinking about? Bitchy Bernice? A queen?

"Are you talking about Bernice? She was a queen?" Peter holds in his laughter because I mentioned Bitchy Bernice being a queen.

"That hag was not your biological mother and she does not have powers or was she a queen, if she was a queen I'd actually feel bad for that kingdom," he chuckles again then turns serious, "Your real mother was named Esme."

---
Flashback
---

Third Person's POV

In the kingdom of Ascoria which is in the realm of Ahlo, there lived a beautiful princess named Esme who had magical, powerful powers, and was soon to be queen , but in order for that to happen she had to be married to a prince.

She did not believe in getting married to someone she never met nor loved. She had a free and fiery personality and she didn't take orders from anyone, not even her parents.

One day when she was roaming the halls of the beautiful castle she lived in, she met eye contact with a servant boy who look around the age of 18, like herself.